2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
In hindsight, Tosun didn’t have any of the qualities to be anything more than an average striker at best in this league. No remarkable physical attributes and unless you’ve got the footballing talent of a Harry Kane or RVP, that won’t cut it in the premier league.
Every player signed from outside the Prem Is a risk. Given that we had Allardyce in the managers seat we weren't going to attract any top players in a January window. And it's easy to forget his brace in the away game a Stoke at a time when a loss could have proved catastrophic. Bit like Madar overall a failure,but then in the bigger picture the goal against Blackburn was worth his transfer fee on its own.

Still not entirely sure it's full turn on the fella time. Ultimately, it's Real Madrid, a caliber of team he probably never thought he'd get the chance to manage again. I'd hate us to be 1-0 down in the rain to Brentford while the fella on the touchline is thinking that he could be in Madrid right now.

The swiftness of the change though, his son recently buying a house in Woolton, and the reports of the Everton players being taken by surprise and upset is very sad to hear though. We have just been left high and dry.

Just more upset than I am angry, despite the poor finish to the season it really felt there was a plan in place to improve next season. If the change really has been over the weekend then it does really change everything, I was hoping this had been agreed months back and we'd have our contingencies lined up but clearly we'll be starting from square zero here.

Don't want to put the excuses in now for whoever the new fella is that next season is a write off, but I really do feel this puts us back at least a year.

This really is Brand's time to really earn his corn now. It was clear as day Carlo was calling the shots with regards to the first teams in comings. We have to finally be in a place were a manager coming in and out doesn't completely uproot or invalidate the transfers of the previous guy. There has to be continuity at the recruitment level.

Still not entirely sure it's full turn on the fella time. Ultimately, it's Real Madrid, a caliber of team he probably never thought he'd get the chance to manage again. I'd hate us to be 1-0 down in the rain to Brentford while the fella on the touchline is thinking that he could be in Madrid right now.

The swiftness of the change though, his son recently buying a house in Woolton, and the reports of the Everton players being taken by surprise and upset is very sad to hear though. We have just been left high and dry.

Just more upset than I am angry, despite the poor finish to the season it really felt there was a plan in place to improve next season. If the change really has been over the weekend then it does really change everything, I was hoping this had been agreed months back and we'd have our contingencies lined up but clearly we'll be starting from square zero here.

Don't want to put the excuses in now for whoever the new fella is that next season is a write off, but I really do feel this puts us back at least a year.

This really is Brand's time to really earn his corn now. It was clear as day Carlo was calling the shots with regards to the first teams in comings. We have to finally be in a place were a manager coming in and out doesn't completely uproot or invalidate the transfers of the previous guy. There has to be continuity at the recruitment level.

People are turning on him because so many hero-worshipped the bloke to the point where any criticism was cast as wanting him gone.

It's a massive shame but ultimately he's binned us off. The footy was crap but he also gave us some very good moments. Maybe things would have been different if not for the pandemic or if we'd have been able to spend more money last year. The frustration is in not seeing how it got to work out and also the state of the options that are realtisically available to us.

People are turning on him because so many hero-worshipped the bloke to the point where any criticism was cast as wanting him gone.

It's a massive shame but ultimately he's binned us off. The footy was crap but he also gave us some very good moments. Maybe things would have been different if not for the pandemic or if we'd have been able to spend more money last year. The frustration is in not seeing how it got to work out and also the state of the options that are realtisically available to us.

That's the biggest thing, mate. Never knowing.

And even on that, despite the crap footy at times, I felt if we got 3/4 years of Carlo, we'd get to a final and win. Then with that 80 million tonne weight lifted from us, we'd be in a much healthier place for a younger, hungrier coach with fresh ideas to come in.

Massive shame.

The one thing that surprised me about Ancelotti walking away was not that he left for Real Madrid, but the fact that Real Madrid came for him in the first place.

But just because your girlfriend ran off with another bloke, it doesn't mean you should forget about all the cracking BJ's etc. you got from her. Carlo Ancelotti did give us some good moments prior to leaving. We got an exciting hope filled start to the season, which had most of the fanbase downloading 'Spirit of the Blues'. Beat Spurs away then knocked them out the cup in a thriller of a game, we beat Chelsea at home, did the double over Arsenal, beat the other lot at Anfield for the first time in God knows how long, and he brought the likes of Ben Godfrey and James to the club. Yes, of course, we had the negatives, but don't forget the positives.

z Buddha  2.jpg

The one thing that surprised me about Ancelotti walking away was not that he left for Real Madrid, but the fact that Real Madrid came for him in the first place.

But just because your girlfriend ran off with another bloke, it doesn't mean you should forget about all the cracking BJ's etc. you got from her. Carlo Ancelotti did give us some good moments prior to leaving. We got an exciting hope filled start to the season, which had most of the fanbase downloading 'Spirit of the Blues'. Beat Spurs away then knocked them out the cup in a thriller of a game, we beat Chelsea at home, did the double over Arsenal, beat the other lot at Anfield for the first time in God knows how long, and he brought the likes of Ben Godfrey and James to the club. Yes, of course, we had the negatives, but don't forget the positives.

He did not that was down to Brands, Ancelotti was not that keen origanally.

Last edited:
The Athletic article seems to substantiate a lot of the questions about fitness, intensity, training, tactics.

It wasn't hard to see, some fans just refused to admit it and turned on the fans who could.

It's much better he went now before he blew transfer budget on 30 year old players, then bailed in 3, 6, 12 months time.

The Athletic article seems to substantiate a lot of the questions about fitness, intensity, training, tactics.

It wasn't hard to see, some fans just refused to admit it and turned on the fans who could.

It's much better he went now before he blew transfer budget on 30 year old players, then bailed in 3, 6, 12 months time.
To be fair its just textbook deflection from the club.

Very, very predictable.

What a lazy arse fraud - and to think people were slamming the players for looking like strangers out on the pitch whilst the manager is telling them to "just play".
He was the same at Chelsea too during training sessions but the difference there was Chelsea had world class players who could "just play",not surprised at all our players looked like strangers playing with one another in most matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.