2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had a clause in his contract apparently certain big clubs come in for him and they don't have to pay compo

I see. Do you think something is off about all this? I’m not saying Carlo isn’t disingenuous or phoney , maybe it’s my cynical side, I don’t trust the common narrative most of the time , likes of the Echo and so on.

A bit surprised the likes of Moshri hasn’t been on talk sport either to talk to Jim

I think the thing that threw everyone for a loop with Ancelotti was how effusive he was about the club, about the project and about the city etc

Now you can say “lots of managers say stuff like that” and you’d be right. But with him it was SO unnecessary.

Like let’s be honest, he’s Carlo Ancelotti. He’s one of the most successful managers in history. We (as fans) we’re going to absolutely love him anyway. There was no need to say all those things if they weren’t true just to get people on side.
That's exactly what's left such a bad taste. The things he said as recently as last week about wanting to manage us into the new stadium, about feeling happy and part of the club. He said these things even after knowing there was speculation around the Real Madrid job. He always seemed so genuine to me over the years so I've lost a lot of respect for him personally.

I see. Do you think something is off about all this? I’m not saying Carlo isn’t disingenuous or phoney , maybe it’s my cynical side, I don’t trust the common narrative most of the time , likes of the Echo and so on.

A bit surprised the likes of Moshri hasn’t been on talk sport either to talk to Jim
He obviously didn't think we were going to compete fast enough seeing the existing squad and probably the younger players we were targeting. Also Duncan Castles was saying he actually wasn't happy as his wife lives in Canada, it goes against every single thing he said in public but that's managers for you they speak absolute wham just weird he went so over the top then snaked us. Maybe this had been on the cards longer than we think maybe the players got wind of it earlier? Maybe it helps explain some of the switching off they did...

It’s absolutely pathetic.

I had no idea that so many adults actually believed the nonsense that those in football spout.

Rooney was the one that made me understand… I was about 13 when he left.

The fact that some people well into their 40s, 50s and beyond still haven’t grasped what modern football is all about is staggering and embarrassing in equal measure.
Same mate. Bought into the "Once a Blue, always a Blue" and thought he'd become a legend with us.

Once bitten twice shy.

He obviously didn't think we were going to compete fast enough seeing the existing squad and probably the younger players we were targeting. Also Duncan Castles was saying he actually wasn't happy as his wife lives in Canada, it goes against every single thing he said in public but that's managers for you they speak absolute wham just weird he went so over the top then snaked us. Maybe this had been on the cards longer than we think maybe the players got wind of it earlier? Maybe it helps explain some of the switching off they did...

ZZ only left a week or so ago.

ZZ only left a week or so ago.
Fair apparently he made himself available to Real as soon as Zidane was sacked,maybe he was on auto pilot when he realised it wasn't going to be an easy job anyway. It didn't seem the same post Christmas for whatever reason. I don't know anyway moving on

his decision was simple.
love and admiration of madrid fans at biggest club in world

or

fat freaks with erectile dysfunction shouting at him what he is doing wrong not biggest club in england north west city

it seems a v difficult choice to make buddies. i am shock and surprise.
Hazard or Iwobi? Casemiro or Davies? Would have a far superior squad as tools and he may want to win the La Liga.

A leaving letter of thank you to the supporters and club who have rolled the red carpet out for him would have been nice. Some nice words about the club and how he was made to feel welcome in the city. Nope none of that, carrot was dangled in his face and he gives us the finger and jumps on the next flight to Madrid. To cozy up to the ring leader of the ESL, of which he was major critical over a few weeks back. Sad man.

his decision was simple.
love and admiration of madrid fans at biggest club in world

or

fat freaks with erectile dysfunction shouting at him what he is doing wrong not biggest club in england north west city

it seems a v difficult choice to make buddies. i am shock and surprise.
Speak for yourself mate

If the general feeling was that Carlo Ancelotti was always likely to leave if a 'prestigious club' came calling then I'm relieved he's left us now rather than next season. Imagine investing in more of his 'style of players'..........and being lumbered with even more expensive sloths than we have now!

Status
Not open for further replies.