New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One plus point, it’s great that the club are being proactive for once and talking to replacements straight away rather than wasting half the summer
True. Just hope they don’t make a snap decision and waste two years rather than a summer :oops:

Let's face it, if Rafael came here and got us playing European football, his LFC days would be forgotten. A bit like Beardsley and Ablett when they put the shirt on for us.
Nar hes still a fat Spanish waiter who showed us nothing but contempt, called us a small club remember but will be happy to take a fat salary.. also first sign things go wrong it wikl be all that crap 'agent Rafael you job is done'...

I don't believe for a second that the press has any inkling about Moshiri's thinking here - and it will be Moshiri who dictates this. Brands is an empty suit, more of an adviser than anything else.

Of the potential candidates, I like the idea of Ralf Rangnick. He is a genuine director of football, so if he comes then Brands would surely have to cede control - not that he has any, in reality. That still leaves us needing a coach. So, given our structure, I don't see this happening.

If Moshiri goes for one of the media's "frontrunners", then he's basically waving the white flag and counting down the days to the stadium. So, for me, it's a no-no for Nuno. Erik ten Hag seems a superficial fit, at least, with his fellow countryman. I quite like the idea of the Ajax coach combining with the former PSV director of football.

Of course, the real prize would be to lure Diego Simeone from Atletico. I wouldn't put it past Moshiri to have a go, but it seems implausible. Antonio Conte would drop us like a lead balloon after 12 months, and we'd not be attractive to him anyway. Moyes, Martinez, and others are the products of a media who doesn't care about us or understand us and so are used to fill in the vast blanks in their Everton insight.

I have a subscription to the Athletic. It'll be ending if they are blindsided by Moshiri again this time. Now's the time for real insight and "understanding", Lads.

I don't believe for a second that the press has any inkling about Moshiri's thinking here - and it will be Moshiri who dictates this. Brands is an empty suit, more of an adviser than anything else.

Of the potential candidates, I like the idea of Ralf Rangnick. He is a genuine director of football, so if he comes then Brands would surely have to cede control - not that he has any, in reality. That still leaves us needing a coach. So, given our structure, I don't see this happening.

If Moshiri goes for one of the media's "frontrunners", then he's basically waving the white flag and counting down the days to the stadium. So, for me, it's a no-no for Nuno. Erik ten Hag seems a superficial fit, at least, with his fellow countryman. I quite like the idea of the Ajax coach combining with the former PSV director of football.

Of course, the real prize would be to lure Diego Simeone from Atletico. I wouldn't put it past Moshiri to have a go, but it seems implausible. Antonio Conte would drop us like a lead balloon after 12 months, and we'd not be attractive to him anyway. Moyes, Martinez, and others are the products of a media who doesn't care about us or understand us and so are used to fill in the vast blanks in their Everton insight.

I have a subscription to the Athletic. It'll be ending if they are blindsided by Moshiri again this time. Now's the time for real insight and "understanding", Lads.
This 100%

Then sunshine it is. Who wouldn't move there from Merseyside? It's a no brainer.
Aye
That's a worrying thought that may prove true. I couldn't stand watching the majority of the current squad starting the new season.
I know, I don't wanna see Gomes & Sigurdsson walking around, Holgate thinking he's a god chewing that stupid chewey with his smug face giving the ball away.

Don't wanna see Michael Keane's weak face, don't wanna see brain dead Iwobi come on and make a pass then admire.it.

The list.goes.on

Yes it is important to have a good manager but in my view the bigger issue is the squad. You can have the best manager in the world, we had one of the best and they just left, but if the squad is full of dross you are stuffed. So I can’t see any improvement in the foreseeable whichever manager, good, bad or indifferent gets to carry the poisoned chalice

Status
Not open for further replies.