Nuno Espírito Santo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Negative Nuno?

3x

I'm out.

Why are people so against this idea? He's the only manager I've seen linked who's done a good job recently at similar sort of project. Wolves had ambitious owners but the team lacked an identity. He came in, instilled a mentality, came across brilliantly and only had one bad season, the one just finished, where he lost his top goal-scorer early on. Still finished nowhere near danger though.

'Negative football' is just pure rubbish spouted by hipsters, we had a manager who believed in loads of possession and it was probably the worst period I can remember as a 21st century supporter. There's just effective and non-effective football, find a style that's most effective with the players you've got.

Not my first pick but I'd give him a chance.

Just knew it would be him. If he doesn’t start well I hope it turns quickly on him. The board would deserve that

Why are people so against this idea? He's the only manager I've seen linked who's done a good job recently at similar sort of project. Wolves had ambitious owners but the team lacked an identity. He came in, instilled a mentality, came across brilliantly and only had one bad season, the one just finished, where he lost his top goal-scorer early on. Still finished nowhere near danger though.

'Style' of football means nothing, we had a manager who believed in loads of possession and it was probably the worst period I can remember as a 21st century supporter. There's just effective and non-effective football, find a style that's most effective with the players you've got.

Not my first pick but I'd give him a chance.
Their season completely crumbled after injury to one player (Jimenez). To me, that suggests Wolve's recent relative successes was more down to one excellent player rather than a good team/tactics set up by the manager.

Would Nuno be a candidate if under contract at wolves or is it because he's available not the best due diligence recruiting a manager

Been doing some reading about him also watched a video I'm quite impressed with him. I'd take him over Howe, Moyes et al
Moyes all day for me.

If we can give Ziggy a clean slate every season, why not Moyes.

He will bring discipline back, proper defending will be able to find the diamond in the rough in the transfer market. Moyes back but with some money to back him instead of the shoestring budget he operated on before he left.

He will weed out and sell the rubbish, and get this team fit so that they can last 95 minutes instead of the usual 62 minutes. Also, if a player doesn't want to be here, then he can leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.