New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But is Gallardo pitting his tactical nous against Pep Guardiola, Jurgen Klopp, Tuchel etc? No its blokes who are probably the Argentine equivalent of the Duck and Dogs head coach.

Thats the problem when people say "x,y,z has just won the Ecuadorian 2nd division title at age 21 playing electric football we should get him in" he may well be good but its a completely different level of competition and its very risky for a club like us to take a chance when we have gone through managers quicker than ASDA have toilet rolls during lockdown.

Would rather let someone like WBA or Brighton take a punt and if they do well here steal em quick like Spurs did with Poch at Southampton.
atletico madrid got horrible results with simeone right? right? or lets say celta de vigo with coudet... lille with bielsa... etc etc, you are just plain wrong .

everton cant be afraid to take chances, YOU GOT NOTHING TO LOSE, so why not aim high?. not saying just gallardo fits the role.. it could be any coach young with a winning record and pref with years at 1 team (proving he can build around from scratch)

With the impending Meh appointment of the new manager this club may as well just shut the doors and give up... No manager worth their salt would come here, and even if they have a win percentage of over 60% the supporters wouldnt have you anyway........

apart from Gallardo, Hernan Crespo is putting together a compelling CV.

Gabriel Heinze is very highly rated here too.

Dont think Gallardo wants to leave either River or Argentina, according to what Ive read in the papers here.

He has had a ton of offers

I’m not massively struck on Nuno but his team walked the Championship, had two top 7 finishes and last season there was a host of reasons for the drop off.

They had played almost continuous football for a long time, saw their two top strikers sold and injured for the whole season, lost Neto to injury and Traore’s form massively dropped off from the season before.

They were also trying to change shape and play more expansively - something Ancelotti couldn’t do either.

His appointment doesn’t excite me but I could get behind him.

He left like 8 years ago though mate, what the lad is saying it accurate, in the last 8 years he's done nothing to suggest he has progressed past what he was... he's also a snivelling little snake backstabber, but you know.
Problem is the lad prefers Martinez who had never proved he is a club manager. He literally forgot how bad Bob was.

I’m not massively struck on Nuno but his team walked the Championship, had two top 7 finishes and last season there was a host of reasons for the drop off.

They had played almost continuous football for a long time, saw their two top strikers sold and injured for the whole season, lost Neto to injury and Traore’s form massively dropped off from the season before.

They were also trying to change shape and play more expansively - something Ancelotti couldn’t do either.

His appointment doesn’t excite me but I could get behind him.
They didn't succeed and there is the problem.

Sarri will never come here. Can't smoke on the touchline.
We’d have him like this within a week

L1ME.gif

With the impending Meh appointment of the new manager this club may as well just shut the doors and give up... No manager worth their salt would come here, and even if they have a win percentage of over 60% the supporters wouldnt have you anyway........

This you from last month?

Once upon a time I could only dream of having Carlo Ancelotti as manager of Everton and seeing world class players like James Rodriguez playing in the Royal Blue with a new Stadium set to open in 3 years.

Is it the most Everton thing that with all this CA cant finish higher in the league than a Big Sam Everton side!

Failure to qualify for Europe will have to be seen as a failure by this Owner, Manager, Players & Staff. Heads need to roll or we become accepting of failure!

CA stats,

PPG is the lowest at any time in his entire career.
62 games played (29 wins, 13 draws and 20 defeats)
Win percentage of 47%, dropping by the game

I`ve always looked at managers and thought that the sign of a good manager is getting more out of a set of players than is expected, is CA doing that? In my opinion our league position is where you could have predicted this set of players to finish.

I dont see any style coming through, there is no consistency, the home form is a massive massive concern. Only Sheff Utd and Fulham have worse home records and really that is criminal for Everton.

You have to ask yourself why clubs like Barca, Real Madrid, Chelsea are all successful. Because they put the pressure on the manager to achieve, if not they will get someone that can do the job and that has proven to be successful. Everton on the other hand have no pressure on the manager and they are allowed to drift from season to season until it get so bad the fans tell the club it needs to be changed.

At Everton CA has a job for life, clearly no big clubs want him that is how he ended up at Everton. He is coming to or beyond his best days but because of his past and his name Everton will never put any pressure on him to succeed and I think he will end up drifting as so many have done before.

IF the club is ambitious, they say they are, heads need to roll for failure BUT we have seen it for far too long that at Everton failure IS accepted with a must do better next time mentality, that is a massive problem and will undermine what they are trying to achieve and keep us where we should be 8th-12th in the Premier League. Big Club with a small time mentality!

Status
Not open for further replies.