2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am certainly getting a rise out of you sire. I am hitting nerve. I would suggest it's the lumbar sympathetic nerve. Judging by the energy output on world class managers who have had one season your lumbar sympathetic nerve is under constant attack. This doesn't help yourself or help the Everton collective consciousness.
We have many lumbaring midfielders, I know that for sure.

I didnt choose I was chosen. As soon as phenomenal came from Roberto's lips I was chosen. I felt it. Been chosen from the states is a bigger deal than been born in the UK and Northern Ireland by chance.
Please please tell us that’s not true! By the time I’d heard him utter that word for only the second time I knew he wouldn’t last - without him being “phenomenally” booted out he’d have relegated Everton!

can someone contact mr moshiri right away to tell him simon butties on grandoldteam.com is not happy and wants to speak with the manager.
I do not fancy Simon Butties' chances. I think Mr Mosh is very reluctant to take phone calls from anyone associated with Everton: he once took one from a Mr Bill Kenwright...and has regretted it ever since lol

I do not fancy Simon Butties' chances. I think Mr Mosh is very reluctant to take phone calls from anyone associated with Everton: he once took one from a Mr Bill Kenwright...and has regretted it ever since lol
i believe in the persistence of simon butties buddy he seems real determined. do u have a favorite sandwich buddy??

I think the FA Youth Cup is a better barometer than the under 23's league. I'd have to challenge the idea they are all rubbish, especially the current under 17's mate. There are some talented players.
How many can you see being near the first team in the next 3 years? There won't be many, Even if Lampard was in charge he won't have a clue about most of them, he knew about the chelsea lads because that's his club, he follows them as a fan

James will probably want to go, but then I wasn't really convinced he was going to stay anyway. Allan might be a bit miffed but I can't see him kicking up a fuss, and from what I've seen of him we are very much his level at this point in his career, he ain't slumming it here. Doucoure would have walked over broken glass to come here the season before we signed him, and again, he is absolutely not getting a better gig than this so would have no reason to go. I repeatedly said I didn't want Ancelotti to be sacked but I won't lie I feel like this is a massive bullet dodged and the opportunity to get back on track. Whether we'll make the right appointment to do that is anyone's guess, but I had no faith whatsoever that we were going anywhere under Ancelotti. He wasn't a good fit at all, and I think the best we could have hoped for was a similar season next year where we just clung on to Europe instead of falling away. There was no chance of lasting success going about things the way he did.
I think that's a really good analysis and one I can subscribe to.
Positives
1. The football under Ancelotti was dire , every bit as bad as Allardyce.
2. Apart from James who will leave anyway the player recruitment won't hamper a new manager
3. There was no massive, if any , improvement under Ancelotti and therefore by going now he has saved us £33 million.

lot's of conspiracy theories doing the rounds. He fell out with Brands, the club went back on it's word and all that. I imagine it's as simple as it appears. He's a manager that finished the in the premierleague working with a bang average squad of players and he was offered an easier job at Real Madrid and it will be an easier job than the rebuild needed here.
I do wonder if some at the club were actually keen to see him go and saw this as a chance to get him out which is why it happened so quick and why we haven't fought for him to stay. Was costing us a fortune and let's be honest, following another poor season he wasn't exactly earning his wage.
For me, the most annoying thing is all those nay-saying that were telling us that Carlo would fail, that he was only here for the money and would jump ship have been proved right.

Status
Not open for further replies.