New Everton Stadium Discussion

There isn't room for making sure the escalator doesn't break?
In essence, changing the escalators or replacing seats is just cosmetic. There are fundamental and differences between an old building and a new building that need to be considered. The current ground is unique as it was built out of necessity and growth on an existing plot. Even if you rebuilt the new same ground again now on the same bit of land, it would be done very differently.

I would love to stay at Goodison and redevelop, thousands would. But it's all for nostalgic reasons. At some point, you look to improve and move on. It makes sense to move. As a club we have passed up or missed out on numerous opportunities that we have later regretted. I genuinely think this would be another, if in 10 years time we watch as Liverpool waters develop and we are not part of it. It's a now or never opportunity.

The absurdity of Big 'Merica idolizing Goodison from the telly having never stepped foot on County Rd and failing to understand how massive this stadium move is going to be for the locals and the waterfront is cheering me up.

Talk to us after you've had a slash in the Gwladys bogs enjoying the atmospheric assault of the sounds of lids sniffing in the stalls and the smells of stale piss troughs and rollie smoke.

Yeah man like again a modern stadium doesn't guarantee that. This is actually a place where I can tell you that you don't know what you're talking about. A packed stadium is a packed stadium and sometimes the bathrooms are a disaster.
When you visit goodison you can argue its merits. Until then your opinion on it is totally irrelevant

In essence, changing the escalators or replacing seats is just cosmetic. There are fundamental and differences between an old building and a new building that need to be considered. The current ground is unique as it was built out of necessity and growth on an existing plot. Even if you rebuilt the new same ground again now on the same bit of land, it would be done very differently.

I would love to stay at Goodison and redevelop, thousands would. But it's all for nostalgic reasons. At some point, you look to improve and move on. It makes sense to move. As a club we have passed up or missed out on numerous opportunities that we have later regretted. I genuinely think this would be another, if in 10 years time we watch as Liverpool waters develop and we are not part of it. It's a now or never opportunity.
Yeah I really do follow this but I just wonder at what cost. I think the soul of clubs like Arsenal and West Ham is fundamentally different now and I'm not sure for the better.

The absurdity of Big 'Merica idolizing Goodison from the telly having never stepped foot on County Rd and failing to understand how massive this stadium move is going to be for the locals and the waterfront is cheering me up.

Talk to us after you've had a slash in the Gwladys bogs enjoying the atmospheric assault of the sounds of lids sniffing in the stalls and the smells of stale piss troughs and rollie smoke.
Do you guys actually think that the bathrooms are going to smell good in a new place? And this is the big reason we need a new ground, so a piss is more comfortable?

Do you guys actually think that the bathrooms are going to smell good in a new place? And this is the big reason we need a new ground, so a piss is more comfortable?
I mean we can't really explain to you what you're missing out on here. You really need to travel to Liverpool Big Ig.

The scouse girls will love your confidence.