2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly not good news, I am left stunned by the speed of the deal and can only guess that this has been bubbling in the background for some time.

Hopefully we will appoint someone equally quickly
I think this is my take on it. It's far from good news and brings about another period of uncertainty: who'll be the manager? How will this impact on the squad?

I can also appreciate the disappointment that it's happened very quickly, which may tell another tale. However, it's unsurprising that Real have turned him.

While they may not be in a great position themselves and Perez is a buffoon, it's a huge club and a place where he's been successful; compare it with ourselves?

It doesn't automatically mean everything he's previously said is untrue - things change and people change their minds. Let's move on and move forward.

The players visibly downed tools at least two months ago - obviously told them a few home truths and the manager leaves - this is football 2021.
I'm becoming disillusioned with it. Throw in var, in particular var , super league, players rolling around shagging the grass, over analysing, non contact , low block and even talks about heading the ball being removed from the game. lol. I'm not too keen on football in 2021. It not as exciting as it was.

While I am gutted we have lost a world class manager, I am encouraged that he was the target our owner aimed for. It gives me confidence that we will attempt to target another world class manager and not some of the same old same old has beens that some are mentioning.

Carlo needed time, most of us realise that. Given a few years I am sure he would have got us firmly established as a champions league team. This was the summer he would have cleared out the rubbish and brought in better players. Hence I am gutted.

If we lost our greatest ever manager when we were one of the best sides in Europe to a no mark club in Spain can’t say I am shocked when we are a poxy club who have done nothing in 26 years and Real Madrid come calling.
I knew someone would make me feel better. Thank you. Absolutely spot on. There is a trophy in the Real Madrid Museum with our badge on it from 87 I think. We played then (and lost 6-1) in some trophy friendly. At least were considered prestigious enough to play them back them. We had just lost Kendall I think too. Maybe that was the start of the demise to now and this is where it all begins again...

100%

Anybody thinking the club had any clue is barking up the wrong tree.

We're going to be scrabbling around for a replacement.

Now, I feel the reason for Carlo leaving may not all be on Carlo - I have a feeling he may feel that promises have been broken/the club don't have the ambition he does.

But, make no mistake, he's left us in the s***.

The break in may have not helped his family too.

Hearing rumours the players turned on him.

James and Richarlison apparently called him a "glorified Sam Allardyce".

Mutterings Gylfi was going round saying "Villas-Boas knows more than this fraud".

Iwobi apparently downed tools on the grounds of "doesn't know his 10 from his 7, dinosaur".

On the positive side DCL and Tommy Davo respected his threads. For a Dad.

But yeah, he huffed off cos of the disrespect and bad atmosphere. Sad way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.