2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Richarlison post on IG from last week now seems to take on a bit of a different slant. I do wonder if he knew he was off..
And howe saying no to Celtic when it looked like a defo. Maybe everton and carlo knew this a month ago. If its Howe coming in than that's a defo.

I think they will know its downhill from here most likely..
The board will sort someone and gove them funds, it’s doesn’t have to be a so called Hollywood manager again. I have faith they will eventually get it right, otherwise what is the point of me supporting Everton, I actually think in hindsight Carlos has been there biggest mistake, to big name at the wrong time, I was happy to go along with it but I’m not disappointed as he’s done nothing of note while he’s been here.

Yep, he should definitely be in the conversation. A long stint and cup victory at a mid-level club in Saint Etienne before taking Lille from a relegation fight to two top four finishes and then eventually a title. Exactly the record that we should be looking at.

Lucien Favre is another. I think he got both Gladbach and Nice into the Champions league which shows he can adapt to different leagues and succeed. These are the types of CVs that Brands should be looking at.

Favre is too old

The problem is our football for years has been to slow passing back to much and we have got in a rut, tbh Carlo hasnt even got us out of that rut. His style of football was no better than the other before him, I expected much much more. Don’t give up im sure some of these players will come good, hopefully it’s the younger ones and we can build from there. I’m actually looking forward to next season, was Carlo/James really suited to Everton? I’ll let you decide.

See i never. I thought 3 years minimum to change it around. And thats 3 years just to get it moving.
I can hardly put into words how sick i am of this current Everton squad.
Im dreading watching them again next year.

You see similar comments when players leave to go to successful clubs. People act like they're rats but they're not fans of the club and probably just see it as a job. Good players/managers want to be at the biggest clubs. The challenge for us in the next few years is getting to that level.
Except that Carlo came here to disprove the reputation of a manager who couldn't do the squad part of the game. That he couldn't win with a team unless they were all basically top level players already.

Status
Not open for further replies.