2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get paid money to do the job while you're there, it's not a future guarantee. Football clubs are always happy to offload players who are on long contracts when they don't want them anymore, we shouldn't expect too much loyalty the other way round. We all know a big pay cheque was one of the main carrots to get him to join us. It wasn't the squad or our place in the league was it ?

It's not like he's even leaving for money. Football is about winning and he's got an infinitely better chance of doing that there than here.

Sadly I think some people get sucked in to the nice things managers say in press conferences.
You may well be right and I accept that my age probably givesme a different perspective on the world as it is now. My point I was trying to make was in life, many decent people reach a stage when they want to use their skills to rebuild/develop things. I doubt with the interference of Real Madrid's club president or even his successor, he will find the patience and support displayed by EFC.

Hello Carlo do you want to live in a shitty semi in Crosby and await the next break in or would you like to live in the year round heat of Madrid?

Si!

Reading between the lines, he probably just got itchy feet and couldn't be arsed with the task that lay ahead this summer. Soon as Real came knocking it sounds like he absolutely pounced on it.

Just cannot believe he said all that he said about us and the 'project' and has now done a complete u-turn so quickly. Snide behavior that.

The way I am reading this in the Spanish press is that ancelotti left Everton in a "friendly" way. This tells me that no compensation has been paid by real madrid...crazy...we are useless

Nobody, but nobody, says no to Real Madrid. I get that. I just hope that we soak Real Madrid for every penny.

Simple fact is though, first serious offer he was made, he jumped at it. It was a given from day one that big clubs would come sniffing. It was always going to be in Ancelotti's hands how long he would stay at Everton. He made the right noises, he promised that he had every intention of seeing out his contract. And he made those promises knowing that he'd be receiving tempting offers.

Should we forgive and forget because anyone would have done the same ? And if that's your view, will you still be as forgiving if he decides that he wants to take James and Richarlison with him ?

The way I am reading this in the Spanish press is that ancelotti left Everton in a "friendly" way. This tells me that no compensation has been paid by real madrid...crazy...we are useless

Perhaps it got to the point where they (RM) wouldn't pay for him but he really wanted to leave so we couldn't keep him around if he didn't want to be here?

Status
Not open for further replies.