2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20210602_013204.jpg
Screenshot_20210602_013121_com.ksmobile.cb.jpg

Spent so much time defending this guy and then he chuff's off as soon as someone more attractive flutters their eyelashes at him.

Feel properly let down and duped. For a guy who had made some many friends in the game he's peed off a lot of people today.

Wonder how the players feel today - especially those who've been in awe of him - or who basically came because of him.

What an absolute mess, Everton. Ever since Moshiri came in, so very little has gone right for us. Much of it a result of our own bad decisions. But this is an absolute gut punch.

Thanks for little Carlo. Now another manager will take a season to realise half our players aren’t good enough. That’s part of the reason I want big Dunc to get the job. He already knows half of them are ****! Thanks for Godfrey, but that’s about it. All Carlo has done is make me hate Real Madrid more than I did! Hopefully they go down the toilet!

I'm sad and annoyed about this turn of events, but no matter who a manager or player is, if they don't want to be at Everton then I don't want them at my club.
I'm not going to waste time and effort insulting Carlo, I have nothing to gain for wanting him to fail at his choice of club. Maybe he thought the challenge was too much for him at Everton, maybe limitless resources (?) at Real will make his life easier, maybe a big house in the posh end of Madrid will be nicer and safer for him than our neck of the woods. I don't care. I just hope the club gets on with signing the best possible replacement as soon as possible. By tomorrow it will already look like a waste of time looking backwards. We need to look forwards, that's all.

.....but we don’t know how much his signing fee is.
I think the Spanish press talk salaries as net of tax whereas over here it’s gross. Doesn’t account for all the difference but not as big a drop in salary as it looks

My two cents:
* Great name to have as manager and I absolutely loved him being here but 10th was a dire outcome from where we were at Christmas.
*Felt he was too loyal to certain players who constantly underperformed. Some shouldn’t have played for the club again after being beaten by Liverpool u-15s.
*He always seemed to treat this job differently. I wasn’t over enamoured with the whole “Everton are a family club” thing. Smacked of “there’s no real pressure here to actually do anything”.
*There was literally no discernible style of play. I know he had his hands tied with some of the dross we had here but we were entitled to expect better home performances for £11m a year.
*This was only heading one way for me. Similar performances by Christmas 2021 and what would we have done?
*The biggest concern is not him going, it’s who is coming in. Moshiri’s record in picking managers is chequered, to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.