New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Hughton's Brighton win percentage: 40.9%
Potter's Brighton win percentage 25.9%.

Make of that what you will!
Hughtons team had a goalscorer in Glenn Murray though, the current Brighton team don't have anyone upfront, that's their big issue i'm quite interested to see if they find anybody as they don't have a huge budget either.

Don't know who I want in terms of personalities but I do think we need a tracksuit manager, or at least someone who can inject a bit of passion from the sideline, seeing as the players can't usually be bothered in that respect.

I think PL experience would also be a huge plus, I'd really worry about us with a manager that doesn't have it in terms of going into a spiral. It's essential also they have fluent English when they are going to be losing their head at half-time losing 2-0 at home to Brentford.

I think he need a character, someone with a bit of charisma, a bit of snide.

Conte would be the obvious, but he wouldn't touch us and who would blame him.

There are no obvious candidates in terms of who would be most suited and who we could attract.

What I will say though is whoever gets the job, I'm not going to be either brimming with misplaced enthusiasm or equally misplaced despair.

I've thought for a long time that the next successful Everton manager will come from leftfield, and we need to do more than win or lose three games on the bounce to keep things on an even keel.

On that basis, if it was Moyes, then so be it, but I don't think it would happen.

We are long past looking down on managers with his CV, and that's the harsh truth.

I'll back any manager from the off until they reach a point where they show that they could no longer justify my support.

EDIT: I'll not back Duncan getting it, my gut feeling is that it would be a disaster, he has been associated with failure too long at the club to command the respect he'd need as manager.
Good post this mate, especially the first paragraph.

There is no one out there who is available who is going to appeal to me after what has happenned.

I'm just going to have to suck it up and support whoever it is. Managers aren't the biggest problem at this club. The foundations are not in place for the club to be a success no matter who we appoint.

Out of them, I only want Favre.

The rest are a really uninspiring bunch for me.
Di Francesco might be interesting he is the guy who has worked miracles at Sassuolo taking them from Serie B to A then into Europe within a few seasons. I like the idea of Favre also.

Bit who else is there that would give it a good go? Big names will jump ship as soon as big clubs come calling, smaller names will fail like Silva did. He knows the club and he did do well here, Im fed up with these dreamers that think a big name manager will get us to the highest level, Moyes is down to earth and doesn’t take rubbish from anyone, just what we need atm. A lot of the time our players are only playing 50% of there ability we need a manager that will get them constantly playing 80% and above, I’m sure Moyes could do that.

He had 11 years and didn’t win anything he kept bottling it.....like he did with West Ham this season when they should have got a top 4 spot.

He did what he had to do with Everton and was who we needed at the time, but in reality he is the past and should remain there

Status
Not open for further replies.