2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there will be no compensation or, at least, not a big one, remember the James free-deal last summer.
Why not...he has a contract with us for 3 more years...we can say you're not going anywhere for the next 3 seasons but forgot that means show some leadership and personality.

I’m surprised that some of you are surprised.... did you not think he was on cruise control waiting for his next big job?
Seriously we need a manager who thinks he or she is lucky to be here, not us lucky to have them. We’re the 10th team in England not anywhere near the top.

The football on offer this season was appalling.

You get no loyalty in football, there is none.

My concern about Ancelotti was that he didn't have the zeal to take on a rebuild here, after the career he has had.

It leaves us in a bit of a mess, but we're not new to this territory unfortunately.
This is exactly how I feel, we played a few decent games under Ancelotti but some of the other games especially at home were truly dismal.

Being blunt, Carlos Ancelotti was always the wrong manager for Everton. I said it at the time and was criticized by others who were too blinded by the shininess of a big name manager. In reality, he offered nothing other than the appeal of signing big names in the transfer market. And excessive transfer spending always appeals to fans.

But this was a problem, not a solution. Everton, under new ownership, have been guilty of trying to become a top four simply by throwing money at the transfer market and it has repeatedly failed.

Everton needed a David Moyes but fans didn’t want him and complained at having him back. The club needs a manager with a style, a plan, a concept for building a way into the top 4.

There is a chance now to repair the mistake: Nuno, Eddie Howe, Chris Wilder, Graham Potter, even Pochinetto (unlikely perhaps). A manager who can have realistic expectations and a budget to build carefully, not a manager with a budget to spend recklessly and fecklessly.

Ancelotti was always but always the wrong manager for Everton and so now we have stupidly high expectations which always lead to disappointment and I deeply suspect the Board realised their mistake halfway through the season.

And I wouldn’t be surprised if Ancelotti realised it too; there have been persistent rumours that he wasn’t happy or settled and that the players weren’t responding to his methods. All these claims about loving the club, the fans, the area and wanting a project are just PR statements that every manager trots out from time to time.

(And no to Benitez and Bielsa btw)

I reckon he thought he would waltz in a managing Everton would be easy, hes found out now he’s no better that Martinez,Koeman,Silva but like Mourinho at Spurs. So called top managers wangled top jobs early In there managerial career so they have always had good players and money to work with. When the6 come to wannabee big clubs like Everton they get found out. That’s what’s happened to Carlos so he’s jumped ship back to a big club to mask over the face he failed miserably at Everton.

Maybe but I know we have a team of absolute turd who have no passion or desire to do well at this club. Could have the best manager in the world over seeing this current crop and they wouldn’t get so much of a sprint out of any one of them.

Please anyone give me any positives from his appointment in the first place? He has never dealt with average players! He is okay with star players. He was no better than Big Sam!

He did. He couldn't get average players to play better than average and found a 20 a season striker in all that.

We're back to square one

Mate, stop with this weird thing you have that people weren't behind Carlo.

95% of people are gutted. They just weren't all of the idea that he couldn't be criticised or questioned. Let's face it, the footy has been crap but results have been alright. The frustration is that we wanted to see where he could take us but now it looks like that's gone and so will our best player - and it just makes it all look like more of a mess.

People were behind Carlo. For whatever reason - and at least a big part of this must be on the club - he's now binned us off. Well, that's down to him too.

Nobody has forced Carlo out of Everton. He's walked out on us.

I didn't say everyone was. But there were plenty. And my point remains. If those people weren't happy with Carlo Ancelotti as manager, and weren't prepared to give him time, then I genuinely don't know who they would be happy and patient with. It's just going to be a never ending circle of woe.

Appoint a manager. Manager assesses squad. Manager makes do until squad is transformed. Team struggles. Manager leaves. Appoint a manager.

Whatever the justification, it's a mind bogglingly dumb idea.

Maybe it is, but in my opinion, the squad, including some of our better players, has flattered to deceive for too long. The so called star players have a contradictory effect on the squad. They provide moments of hope that having such quality means we are only a few steps away from achieving something, yet when they under perform they hold us back from ever truly making any real changes.

In this instance, I can't see any of those players being happy playing under Eddie Howe or the likes. So you have to go out and somehow top the appointment of Ancelotti to keep them happy. But anyone who comes in will want to add to the squad, so we spend another small fortune on players in an attempt to make something of the ones we have. And the circle continues.

If we have the financial backing to say "F@#£ it, let's go nuts" and go and get a top name, then it doesn't make sense with the current big name manager walking out on a long term project. And if we are struggling to meet those needs, and we have to cut our cloth accordingly, a modest managerial appointment with a genuine long term strategy and full squad overhaul is what is needed.

At this point in time, it looks like an absolute mess and like most of us, I have no idea what's going on. But any and all optimism I had, even with our dreadful form at the back end of the season, has vanished.

Back to the drawing board.

Status
Not open for further replies.