2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then that defeats the purpose of Brands, no? He's meant to be the one constant for a sport that has a lot of managerial changes. He SHOULD know most need to go, no?

Exactly but tbf it depends WHICH manager comes into the club - if its another soft touch these players will get another season - if its someone like Biesla or Conte some of these players feet wont touch the floor and thats what we need.

Ancelotti has been linked with a return to Real for several weeks, but earlier this month he dismissed those reports as "not true".

"This is good publicity for me to be linked with Real Madrid but it is not true," he said. "I am really happy to stay here.

"We have difficulties of course, but I feel good at Everton and my target is to make Everton better and better every year."

There's no if.

He does.

He's DoF - ultimate responsibility for overriding footballing strategy.

....exactly & I personally have no issue with the outcome of that meeting if the detail is correct.

Accountability has to be with the DoF, we saw the absolute Horlicks we had when Walsh & Koeman brought players in separately. There has to be a strategy, the issue we have is whether Brands is good enough.

Blame the players? He's ditching us after a bloody season and a half. Madrid is just another rebuild job anyway.

You can't make excuses for him resigning (if it happens) It absolutely stinks.
I think he was sincere in his commitment to the club, he was in it for the long haul. Something has changed his mind, whether that be RM or the reality of what hes working with. I don't know, none of us do. I do know he's a bloke with a lot of integrity and a huge reputation in the game. He has a huge pull on players and the credibility of what we are trying to do is markedly improved with him at the helm. It's a sad day for EFC. There is no possible positive spin on this for me. The club come out of this looking weak and the fact he's walking away from something they have been so vocal on being a long term project has major alarm bells going off. It undermines the whole thing.

Oh no:mad:

“Everton Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Eddie Howe as the club’s new manager on a 5-year-deal.

#WelcomeEddieHowe #Efc”

Carlo is a world class manager, but he’s always linked with world class ageing players, I want him to stay but I prefer a manager who would invest in youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.