2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just fans trying to save face. The "he didn't want to be with us anyway" and finding excuses as too why.

To me...he overestimated the size of the job and been given an opportunity to go to one of the biggest clubs in the world again.

That's all. No manager in the world is turning down the RM job. Unless they're already at a big club.

End of the day, Carlo is easy to get at. We don't have any power in football terms to bat RM away.

Exactly the way I see it too. Size of the task here has been made clear to him this season, and a massive, familiar club stacked with great players has come calling. Taking the easy way out by going back to what he knows.

Hadn't thought that he might have a CL / Real Madrid specific clause in his contract. We might not actually be entitled to any compo.

Mate, all of his comments over the last year might as well have been downright lies if he's decided to bin us off.

Said he was here for a project. Said he wanted to be at a 'family' club, not a corporate club. Wants to build Everton up, wanted to be here to push us towards the new stadium.

So aye, for me, to bin us off at the first time of asking, for a club he was already at, and got sacked for no good reason, is poor.

I don't care if it's Real Madrid. It's poor.

Hes an employee of the club who's paid to say those things though mate.

Honestly I wouldnt believe anything anyone said in football.

Like if you were managing Getafe, and Manchester City came knocking, are you leaving?

didnt Ancelotti, Brands and Moshiri have a debriefing session a few days ago?

And allegedly Ancelotti did not like what he was told?

I think leaving the club, should that be what happens, speaks volumes.
It doesnt speak volumes. It as usual leaves everything up in the air. Kenwright will be hugging him going out the door with tears in his eyes. For me its " I was not backed and the board were not going to deliver on what they promised" then it is clear cut and us as supported will do something about it.

What will happen with this "speaks volumes." Absolutely nothing as the board will not be held accountable to the same degree and we will twaddle along as a mid to lower table team ( at best )

0042E516-2750-4B32-BA87-685E8CC19490.jpeg

He was calling out these clubs for the whole super league fiasco only weeks ago.

I hope you're right fella I really do but you rarely are so "welcome to Everton Mr David Eddie Howes Wig Brian Potter Moyes"

Did you really believe him when he was saying that stuff?

He was playing the role he had to for his employer.

Status
Not open for further replies.