2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not start this crap. It's a disaster, end of story. No silver linings. Nothing.

If Ancelotti has decided to abandon "the project" already, it's us that it reflects badly on, not him.

And if Howe or Moyes come in, I really, REALLY can't be arsed with the "let's give them a chance eh" brigade. If you accept appointments like that then you deserve what you get.

I think it reflects badly on both the club and him.

He's decided to jump ship, and the club is a mess and run by jokers.

tenor.gif

Spot on this, Carlo see's the boardroom fraudulence.

or the biggest club in the world offered him the chance to try and win the one league he's not won yet in his career. Do people seriously think the chance of spending 200 million or managing in the conference league is bigger than Madrid? Blame the board for the next appointment being Howe or Nuno but not for leaving...

I like Carlo and I’m gutted he appears to be leaving. I know he under-performed last year but I genuinely believed with time he’d steady the ship, take us up a level and hand over to a new manager ready for the Bramley Moore era.
Where do we go from here?

The Old Guard

Moyes? I think he’s out of contract soon and West Ham are yet to offer him a new deal. He’s shown that he still has that Davey Moyes magic. He never had the backing at Everton Mohsiri could provide and his work at West Ham to get the most out of a pretty average team and make the right transfers is something we sorely lack.

Martinez? Has now managed the No1 nation at major tournaments, been linked with Spurs and (as Davek reminds us almost hourly) had us playing some of the best football of the premierleague era (before having us play some of the worst the following seasons). Like Moyes he never really had the sort of budget Moshiri has given other managers since. How would either work with Brands (who isn’t going anywhere).

Young up and coming managers

Lampard? Was ok at Derby (although given where they are now maybe he did more than just ok). Great first season at Chelsea but working with far superior players and a concern how quickly it all came crashing down the next season when things weren’t going his way.

Howe? The Watford born Boy-Hood Blue. Always praised at Bournemouth for playing the right way, normally by Jurgen Klopp after Liverpool spanked them 7-0. Every pundit and so called expert is calling for him to have a chance at a big club (except when the jobs at big clubs actually become available).

Nuno? Had Wolves battling Leicester for title of best of the rest the last few years but likes to work with a small squad and as we’ve seen this season, a couple of key injuries and they nosedived. Given our history with Injuries this may be a match made in hell.

Fonseca? Leaving Roma, previously linked, dresses like Zorro. Erm………….. Yep, that’s all I have.

Ferguson? Hire from within. I always assumed he’d be Carlo’s choice to taken over in a few years but I’m not sure he’s ready now, not with the rebuilding job that’s needed, it could end his career before it’s even started but he’d have the fans behind him from day one and it would a form of consistency I guess heading from last season to next.

The Elites
The chances of these happening are practically zilch but the same was said about Carlo so.. never say never.

Conte? Just won the league in Italy, enjoys kicking off with the board whenever he doesn’t get his way. Plays an aggressive style of football and has magic hair

Zidane? Now I’ve put Zidane here rather than the Young up and coming managers just because of his honours list. The man has a CV most managers would kill for. In my opinion the greatest midfielder of all time but I couldn’t tell you anything about his managerial style or his philosophy towards the game. Big name though and young enough that he may fancy a long term project

Poch? Not happening, he’s either staying at PSG or going back to Spurs. Either way, hopefully he throws 50million our way for Kean.

Bielsa?

Status
Not open for further replies.