Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the 3-0 Derby for me my son, what a day.

God bless.
The two against Reina was mine. That weird goal when Reina punched it into the air and he headed it through his hands. Brilliant
Aye, that was another great day and he played brilliantly that day with his goals. However, his last minute goal in the swirling snow storm still stands out.

If the changes are based on wages, then we really are in trouble.

View attachment 128683

It depends if they use wages to turnover, a flat wage figure, or whether the limit the increase in wages a team can have (or a bit of a combination of all 3 if that makes sense?) really doesn't it mate?

If they use the above, wages-turnover the rate would probably be around 70% which is going to put a lot of teams in trouble (given that mosrt of the data above is 1-2 seasons before this last year, clubs will only report this year next year) and it's going to br brutal.

Wages probably makes more sense than the system before, but after the mess they made of the last one I'm not sure I really trust UEFA to do anything. But wages is a big killer for football so hopefully something can be done. I'd prefer a flat cap of say 250m quid on salaries and no more. I'd also personaly like to see more focus on debt, and owners who take money out of clubs. We will see though.

It depends if they use wages to turnover, a flat wage figure, or whether the limit the increase in wages a team can have (or a bit of a combination of all 3 if that makes sense?) really doesn't it mate?

If they use the above, wages-turnover the rate would probably be around 70% which is going to put a lot of teams in trouble (given that mosrt of the data above is 1-2 seasons before this last year, clubs will only report this year next year) and it's going to br brutal.

Wages probably makes more sense than the system before, but after the mess they made of the last one I'm not sure I really trust UEFA to do anything. But wages is a big killer for football so hopefully something can be done. I'd prefer a flat cap of say 250m quid on salaries and no more. I'd also personaly like to see more focus on debt, and owners who take money out of clubs. We will see though.
Don't start him off again catcher haha

Chelsea didn't breach FFP though.

The season prior they had a transfer ban and made a huge profit. They banked £100m for selling Hazard alone.

FFP is based on a rolling 3-year period.

Yes. Chelsea are actually an example of very smart recruitment who have understood how to game the system. Selling Hazard for 100m at his age was a masterstroke and a huge mistake for Madrid (not one I suspect Spanish teams will make again). With depreciation and amortisation factored in,and being able to spread payments across a contract, I'd imagine all of last summers fees and a fair chunk of the wages can be covered from that Hazard sale alone.

I said to someone at cricket yesterday, with the way FFP had worked it rewards not just those who trade well but those who trade at all. Chelsea do loads of it. As football fans we tend to think in terms of fees and net spend, but really clubs should think in terms of how best to game a system.

They've done really well Chelsea, and even if some of the players "flop" it's unlikely they lose value much beyond the depreciation rate given their age, so it's a win win.

Covid has seen the end to FFP in its current anti competitive system.

The changes that come into effect next season are rumoured to be more based on wages than revenue.

Knowing UEFA they will probably design something else that will not be compliant with European law. But even if they don't, there will likely have to be a grace period where clubs are given time to re-adjust. I suspect it will be around 3 years,

The big concern fro UEFA now will be getting liquidity into the market, rather than restricting liquidity into the market.

Knowing UEFA they will probably design something else that will not be compliant with European law. But even if they don't, there will likely have to be a grace period where clubs are given time to re-adjust. I suspect it will be around 3 years,

The big concern fro UEFA now will be getting liquidity into the market, rather than restricting liquidity into the market.

Yeah a mixture of COVID and Man City bloodying their noses has put an end to the current anti competitive system - I remember reading UEFA may also start making economic sanctions on clubs that break the rules rather than sporting sanctions i.e. bans on playing in Europe which will likely be to stop future Man City's taking them to court.

I dont trust UEFA to bring something sensible in however at the very minimum I think this current summer will essentially be clubs spending what they want with UEFA looking the other way during the transition period - as you say COVID has hit many leagues hard and even the big super league boys who aint bankrolled need the likes of us and Villa to be throwing money at their squad players.

Personally think if EFC had sense they would chuck a good £150 million at it this summer and go for broke.

Yeah a mixture of COVID and Man City bloodying their noses has put an end to the current anti competitive system - I remember reading UEFA may also start making economic sanctions on clubs that break the rules rather than sporting sanctions i.e. bans on playing in Europe which will likely be to stop future Man City's taking them to court.

I dont trust UEFA to bring something sensible in however at the very minimum I think this current summer will essentially be clubs spending what they want with UEFA looking the other way during the transition period - as you say COVID has hit many leagues hard and even the big super league boys who aint bankrolled need the likes of us and Villa to be throwing money at their squad players.

Personally think if EFC had sense they would chuck a good £150 million at it this summer and go for broke.

Yes lots in that. I mean if they are going to only provide financial sanctions for the clubs that tried to break away, it will be very hard to do anymore more to any team, from a legal standpoint going forward. Even if you can establish that team has broken rules consistent with European law (which obviously they couldn't do with City). But even if they had have done, any club will the argue proportionality and will have enormous success with that.

Any impartial court will be able to see any effort to punish someone for what is in essence an accountancy error is far less serious than fundamentally trying to steal from the game and destroy it, and will likely view UEFA and the too clubs as akin to a modern day mafia and rule against them. So I suspect you are right, the days of sanctions are gone, and I mean Ancelotti's outbursts were very telling, as yet I have seen no pushback from anyone involved with UEFA at all, which is quite surprising, but kind of shows where they are with things.

I do get the final point, and I would do the same, but you do wonder if Moshiri really trusts Brands and to a degree Ancelotti currently?

Yes lots in that. I mean if they are going to only provide financial sanctions for the clubs that tried to break away, it will be very hard to do anymore more to any team, from a legal standpoint going forward. Even if you can establish that team has broken rules consistent with European law (which obviously they couldn't do with City). But even if they had have done, any club will the argue proportionality and will have enormous success with that.

Any impartial court will be able to see any effort to punish someone for what is in essence an accountancy error is far less serious than fundamentally trying to steal from the game and destroy it, and will likely view UEFA and the too clubs as akin to a modern day mafia and rule against them. So I suspect you are right, the days of sanctions are gone, and I mean Ancelotti's outbursts were very telling, as yet I have seen no pushback from anyone involved with UEFA at all, which is quite surprising, but kind of shows where they are with things.

I do get the final point, and I would do the same, but you do wonder if Moshiri really trusts Brands and to a degree Ancelotti currently?

Be interesting if they did switch to a wages to income model as USM's dodgy sponsers and future naming rights deal will still help us added to the fact a lot of contracts expire next summer which puts us in a much healthier position although I would rather a blanket wage cap throughout all of Europe to keep it as fair as possible and drive down insane wages over time.

Essentially being free to spend what we want in transfer fees would potentially also make us look to sign younger hungrier players on smaller wages.

We shall see anyway I think any changes have to be better than the current one although as you say UEFA will no doubt still try protect their darlings as much they can.

Agree with that, all our US players have been professional, hard working and good team players, it's definitely in their footballing culture and always welcome.

Striker wise little Joe Max Moore always worked hard for the team and Brian McBride was a model professional, such a shame we were penniless and couldn't make his move permanent
Good points ....and the best of the lot Landon Donovan

Status
Not open for further replies.