2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlo could easily have said he has another knock. He deliberately said he’s tired knowing what kind of reaction that would provoke. Make of that what you will

Indeed. Its like how he basically had Christmas off. Wasn't injured obviously but we covered for him.

Its obvious what the score is. Ancelotti has said come, contribute when you can, put yourself in shop window with cameos for a year.

Not even a conspiracy theory now, Ancelotti has basically confirmed it. The idea was it was better to have him every now and then than not have him at all.

I think he’s a better footballer than Eto’o was when at Everton. By a wide margin.
Yes, I agree, but that does not say much. My point is that there have been better players on this year's team than JR. Then it goes without saying that there are quite a few players over the last 30 years who have performed better than JR. To me, talent is worth little, if you do not show it on a regular basis. JR has had some good matches for us, but he has also had many below the expected standard. He has not raised the level of the Everton team on a regular basis, except for small glimpses, and has certainly not been a player who has helped raise the quality of training.

Yes, I agree, but that does not say much. My point is that there have been better players on this year's team than JR. Then it goes without saying that there are quite a few players over the last 30 years who have performed better than JR. To me, talent is worth little, if you do not show it on a regular basis. JR has had some good matches for us, but he has also had many below the expected standard. He has not raised the level of the Everton team on a regular basis, except for small glimpses, and has certainly not been a player who has helped raise the quality of training.
Ok... none of that is anything to do with what I said though?

Ok... none of that is anything to do with what I said though?
Okay, I do not know why we're talking about talent for a 29 year old player. But the biggest talents who have played for Everton in the last 30 years must be Rooney and Lukaku. They also had a greater potential than JR, and that is something they have also shown. If we talk about potential, or the greatest skill register, then JR impresses in many areas, but at the same time a football player is of little value if he fails to run on a regular basis.

As I’ve been saying he’s not been right since the VVD knock. Rather than getting the pitch forks out at least he tried to play some games. It depends on your perspective.

Okay, I do not know why we're talking about talent for a 29 year old player. But the biggest talents who have played for Everton in the last 30 years must be Rooney and Lukaku. They also had a greater potential than JR, and that is something they have also shown. If we talk about potential, or the greatest skill register, then JR impresses in many areas, but at the same time a football player is of little value if he fails to run on a regular basis.
JR has significantly more talent/ability than Rooney had in his time with us. Rom it's hard to compare, just because they're so completely different... He's the one you can make an argument for tbf.

Got slaughtered for stuff like this when he signed:

Status
Not open for further replies.