Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That performance was totally unacceptable.......I watch more skilful, dedicated and committed players in out little French village team. The effort those so called professional players showed today was a disgrace to this club.

Game over 0-0

Unlucky not to win, better getting a point than none, and our 4th away successive away clean sheet - our best since 1995
Great teams are built on great defences ..
Good result. Why would anybody want to watch even more Everton games next season?
Probably cos I'm soon to fork out many hundreds of £'s
Do we want europe?
I dont think we do, and we aren't ready

Cant help think if we did qualify it would put us a step back or two in the Prem next season. Hopefully a good summer transfer window and build a quality squad with the pieces we all know are missing .. then we will be ready!

How Martin Atkinson is still a premier league referee is an utter piss take. He made up his own rules twice in that game, once when he decided to halt play for a free kick to us when we were attacking on the half way line just so Villa could bring Grealish on and then at the end when he bizarrely let Tyrone Mings stay on the pitch after he needed treatment.

Didnt do much wrong , but just didnt have it when we went forwards

This is it. Not enough quality and composure on the ball. Nothing surprising there. It's been a weakness for a while, and is the reason why we're playing with 5 at the back.

The foundation is decent to build on during the summer. I'm optimistic.

Yet he picks them to do the same things they can't do week after week. And I can't listen to there are no options when he's picking Sigurdsson on left despite the existence of three (3) more natural wingers in the squad.

The squad is crap. I’m not sure why you hate the one bloke who might be able to do something about it.

Atkinson was utterly appalling tonight. Why didn't VAR look again at McGinn's assault on Allan in the first half. That foul against any other club would have been checked for serious foul play and a straight red. How Mings got away without EVEN A FECKING YELLOW is utterly disgraceful. Away from that, I thought Godfrey and Allan played well but The Duke was my man of the match. Gomes did well when he came on, despite the utter gobshites on here carrying on their pathetic vendetta against him.

Last edited:

Out of our hands now. Still could beat Wolves and Sheffield United at home - then hope spurs don’t win two out of three...

yeah...clutching at straws...

Status
Not open for further replies.