2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s certain jobs where your performance appraisal is going to come from the public such as politicians, theatre actors, and footballers. Whilst their wage might be irrelevant they know when they choose to work in this profession that’s how it works. Saying that someone is crap at football no matter how you express it is not abuse. Remarks about things that have nothing to do with their ability on the football pitch such as appearance or personal matters is abuse in my view. I’ve got no idea with what has gone on with Dom but in my view if you don’t want people calling you crap at football on social media, either don’t play football or don’t have social media.

I'll never agree with personal abuse be it a footballer or politician but what makes me laugh is the sheer amount of Shaolin Monks who get on GOT. Never called a player rubbish in their entire lives apparently. Never called Morgan Schneiderlin lazy or Glyfi Siggurdsson a slug or Niasse crap.

Or maybe we just have a lot of hypocrites. Im many things but I aint a hypocrite.

After reading the last few pages what is the difference (If any) between abuse and giving players stick?

Any examples of what we can say on here or sat in the ground when Pickford drops one on a plate for Rhiann Brewster to score his first goal in 19 years.

Hai Friend,

I think you'll find Mike was taking the mickey out of a well known stereotypical male trope. I.e. not laughing at the woman but the knuckle head male in question.

But you knew that, right?
As I alluded to, yes of course but in this age of over sensitivity where abuse seems to manifest itself in many forms, I'm sure there aren't any of us in here that could state categorially that they haven't cast aspersions in the past or recently that would be interpreted as such!

I also do not condone abuse but an inward look isnt necessarily a bad thing! and I will call a player, person out if they arent doing what they get paid to do, its part of life to be open to critique otherwise how do we learn?

Anyway, i was just observing a rounding of opinion on one person and while we may or not agree with that persons view or others, it's ok to speak about it, without opposing views life would be pretty Shiz!!

DCL to bag tonight and a win will be lovely!

*if he does miss a sitter though i reserve the right to call him crap in that moment!

UTFT

I'll never agree with personal abuse be it a footballer or politician but what makes me laugh is the sheer amount of Shaolin Monks who get on GOT. Never called a player rubbish in their entire lives apparently. Never called Morgan Schneiderlin lazy or Glyfi Siggurdsson a slug or Niasse crap.

Or maybe we just have a lot of hypocrites. Im many things but I aint a hypocrite.

Yes but by the very nature of what they do their performance appraisers are the public. The same way a boss in work can tell their employee they’re not doing a good job. Is that abuse? The electorate votes out a politician because they’re not very good, is that abuse? 40,000 people cheering a footballer when they do well but calling him crap when he doesn’t, is that abuse?

Like I said, when it goes into the territory of aspects that have nothing to do with the game then that is abuse and there’s no place for that. But calling Siggurdson a pile of rubbish and the slowest laziest player in our history isn’t abuse in my view.

As I alluded to, yes of course but in this age of over sensitivity where abuse seems to manifest itself in many forms, I'm sure there aren't any of us in here that could state categorially that they haven't cast aspersions in the past or recently that would be interpreted as such!

I also do not condone abuse but an inward look isnt necessarily a bad thing! and I will call a player, person out if they arent doing what they get paid to do, its part of life to be open to critique otherwise how do we learn?

Anyway, i was just observing a rounding of opinion on one person and while we may or not agree with that persons view or others, it's ok to speak about it, without opposing views life would be pretty Shiz!!

DCL to bag tonight and a win will be lovely!

*if he does miss a sitter though i reserve the right to call him crap in that moment!

UTFT
Hmmmm, I mean, constructive critique is one thing.

A lot of this said posters rambling ain't. Granted we all say or post stuff in the heat of the moment, but it's the consistency (or lack of reading some posts) that is amusing here.

By your own logic folk are merely calling out poor performance and offering pointers on better conduct.

Lol.

Hmmmm, I mean, constructive critique is one thing.

A lot of this said posters rambling ain't. Granted we all say or post stuff in the heat of the moment, but it's the consistency (or lack of reading some posts) that is amusing here.

By your own logic folk are merely calling out poor performance and offering pointers on better conduct.

Lol.
It's this. I have been fairly critical at times i'm happy to admit and i have taken a fair bit of abuse from certain idiots on here but i have always tried to explain my reasoning/thinking behind stuff rather than just constant ranting like others do.

So @ForeverBlue92, just so I'm clear on this. This isn't abuse, merely constructive criticism he should quietly take on board. You're a joke and we all Lol at you, you utter fanny

ForeverBlue92 said:
Wish we could harvest him for spare parts.

ForeverBlue92 said:
Lads an absolute joke

ForeverBlue92 said:
Never hated an Everton player more since Naismith.

ForeverBlue92 said:
Teachers pet.

"I'll run around for you Mr Silva sir"

"Pick me sir I'll run der channels for you"

Pathetic.

ForeverBlue92 said:
Dominic Calvert Garbage.

Best keep him incase we go down the championship is his level.

ForeverBlue92 said:
Should be Kean not this dope

ForeverBlue92 said:
Lads absolute shabite.
I'd run through brick walls after that tbf. Its probably what Carlo has been saying to him in finch farm. Put the smoke right up'em.

Last edited:
What good qualities do you bring other than slagging off our own fans on the internet constantly?

Those same "toxic" fans who without we win about 1 game in 50 at home as our millionaire darlings cant motivate themselves without some arl fella shouting at them to put in a tackle...
I pull up toxic people for their abuse and toxicity. I’ve never had a go at someone for being overly positive.

You always roll out the classic line of “he earns loads of money he should be able to cope with it etc” to justify your bile. Clearly having vast sums of money helps facilitate a happier life, but since when does being a millionaire make you immune to criticism and suffering from mental health issues?

It’s not beyond the realms of possibility for a young player to read abusive posts. That is very clear due to the ongoing issue of fans abusing footballers. You’re only slightly better than them, as you post your abuse on a forum instead of their DMs on Twitter. If anything it’s more cowardly.

You’re part of the problem.

I pull up toxic people for their abuse and toxicity. I’ve never had a go at someone for being overly positive.

You always roll out the classic line of “he earns loads of money he should be able to cope with it etc” to justify your bile. Clearly having vast sums of money helps facilitate a happier life, but since when does being a millionaire make you immune to criticism and suffering from mental health issues?

It’s not beyond the realms of possibility for a young player to read abusive posts. That is very clear due to the ongoing issue of fans abusing footballers. You’re only slightly better than them, as you post your abuse on a forum instead of their DMs on Twitter. If anything it’s more cowardly.

You’re part of the problem.

Calling a player crap = racially abusing someone / sending death threats.

Absolute nonsense lol

I wonder how some people get by these days being perma offended.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.