2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllll

So calling a player crap is personal abuse?

Mate I get worse for posting on GOT for free - sign me up for 100k a week for someone to call me crap you can kick me in the gonads every hour of every day for 100k a week!

So the only form of support is abuse? That's all the players respond to?

Again im not supporting abuse of players.

Your definition of "abuse" is very different to me. Calling a player, useless, cowardly, crap if said player on tens of thousands of pounds a week isn't doing their job to the detriment of the team isn't abuse in my eyes and I guarantee all the saints on here have said much worse at the grounds over the last 30-40 years hell they say much worse in the Pickford, Iwobi, Siggurdsson and Gomes threads on here its just those players aint much good so the "abuse" is fair game apparently.

Well if calling a player crap is personal abuse then you may aswell shut every football stadium and forum down in the world.
I still would like to know how his wages are relevant, you're not the only person to give him grief like, him and Tommy D have been given loads of crap the last few season due to things off the football field as well.

“Eh Dazza, chuck us another Bacardi Breezer over and get on the tits on this Jordan lass over here, eh I tell ya what she wouldn’t be able to stand up once I’d finished hahahahaha know what I mean fella” *wipes brown sauce from chin*
*opens page of Maxim and nudges Big Steve with huge grin on face

“Things you’d do to that eh lad. Oof!”

Your definition of "abuse" is very different to me. Calling a player, useless, cowardly, crap if said player on tens of thousands of pounds a week isn't doing their job to the detriment of the team isn't abuse in my eyes and I guarantee all the saints on here have said much worse at the grounds over the last 30-40 years hell they say much worse in the Pickford, Iwobi, Siggurdsson and Gomes threads on here its just those players aint much good so the "abuse" is fair game apparently.
This is dangerously close to the logic of someone I called out in real life. The logic went "the player earns thousands, why on earth are they moaning if someone says something about skin colour or shouts abuse at them. The amount fans pay to watch they can say what they like".

C'est incroyable!

There’s certain jobs where your performance appraisal is going to come from the public such as politicians, theatre actors, and footballers. Whilst their wage might be irrelevant they know when they choose to work in this profession that’s how it works. Saying that someone is crap at football no matter how you express it is not abuse. Remarks about things that have nothing to do with their ability on the football pitch such as appearance or personal matters is abuse in my view. I’ve got no idea with what has gone on with Dom but in my view if you don’t want people calling you crap at football on social media, either don’t play football or don’t have social media.

"You could argue he is guilty of misleading them when really he should be honest to them and himself in that he isnt good enough at this level - imo he should do the right thing and request either a loan move away or even a full transfer to a lower ranked team and let us grow and strengthen in his absence." -

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

The problem is mate is circumstance - we couldn't afford to give DCL a few years to keep scoring 5 goals a season as Evertons no1 when we were in mid table looking over our shoulder at the relegation spots. With Kean its a different as DCL is now matured and we also now have potentially King whereas 2 seasons ago it was a wet behind the ears DCL or Toshun/Niasse who you may as well have you or me on the bench!

Ultimately I can only judge from what Im seeing on the pitch at the time which was DCL wasn't at that time good enough for Everton both in terms of output and just ability - I know you mention his aerial prescence etc but even then they were nowhere near the standard they are now - the only thing I couldn't fault him on was work rate which was great but ultimately that wasn't enough at that period of time.

I was happy signing Kean last summer but I always said ideally we needed a Giroud/Dzeko type coming in as well as it made no sense having 2 work in progresses in DCL/Kean without an experienced player to take the pressure away from them.

I just think with DCL people rewrite history whereas for example I've seen people who have always backed DCL slate Kean and call him crap when Keans younger than what DCL was 2 seasons ago!! But if Kean comes back next season and scores 15 goals I wont hold them to that opinion as they can only ultimately judge him on what they have seen in an Everton shirt to date.

Yeah man I do get what you mean, DCL getting played through the middle from 2017 - 2019 wasn't pure belief in his ability to come good, it was the failure to properly replace or even partially replace Lukaku. In an ideal world we would have had that Dzeko/Giroud type as you say to allow a DCL or Kean to come off the bench and play cup games and develop more naturally.

I'm with you on Kean, mate. Think he's really good and was fuming we let him go out on loan last season, especially when but a few games later Richarlison was suspended and DCL wasn't gonna score every game. Think Wolves away when Sigurdsson and James both played as False 9s, still can't believe we won that game.

Kean just wasn't happy and sometimes if the player wants out there nothing you can do, sadly. I would rather he comes back next season as I think DCL/Kean/King (and Richarlison but not quite at proper no. 9) would be good enough options for us next season so we can focus on the more pressing positions (RB, Wide-forward/Winger, CM). But if PSG are gonna give us 40-50 mil for him and he wants to go I guess you can't argue given we signed him for 28 mil.

So @ForeverBlue92, just so I'm clear on this. This isn't abuse, merely constructive criticism he should quietly take on board. You're a joke and we all Lol at you, you utter fanny

ForeverBlue92 said:
Wish we could harvest him for spare parts.

ForeverBlue92 said:
Lads an absolute joke

ForeverBlue92 said:
Never hated an Everton player more since Naismith.

ForeverBlue92 said:
Teachers pet.

"I'll run around for you Mr Silva sir"

"Pick me sir I'll run der channels for you"

Pathetic.

ForeverBlue92 said:
Dominic Calvert Garbage.

Best keep him incase we go down the championship is his level.

ForeverBlue92 said:
Should be Kean not this dope

ForeverBlue92 said:
Lads absolute shabite.

Status
Not open for further replies.