2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pass from Godfrey was superb if that had been James everyone would be raving, not giving Godfrey enough credit.

...the best thing about the pass was his composure to delay until a player was available. The delivery was well weighted. I don’t think it was a fantastic pass, it was a good pass but most of all it was a surprising pass (to me) because Godfrey isn’t one I associate with being calm in control of the football.

Before Godfrey kicked a ball I posted he would be our most effective defender by the end of the season. I’ve said repeatedly he’s our best CB. I feel a little smug. I think he struggles in possession because everything is 100%, that pass surprised me.

...the best thing about the pass was his composure to delay until a player was available. The delivery was well weighted. I don’t think it was a fantastic pass, it was a good pass but most of all it was a surprising pass (to me) because Godfrey isn’t one I associate with being calm in control of the football.

Before Godfrey kicked a ball I posted he would be our most effective defender by the end of the season. I’ve said repeatedly he’s our best CB. I feel a little smug. I think he struggles in possession because everything is 100%, that pass surprised me.
I couldn't believe how the pair of them conspired to make it look so easy, a goal from nothing, as you described Godfrey showed composure and maturity in waiting for the right moment before releasing DCL who then made the defender look like a donkey.

I couldn't believe how the pair of them conspired to make it look so easy, a goal from nothing, as you described Godfrey showed composure and maturity in waiting for the right moment before releasing DCL who then made the defender look like a donkey.
It was a good example of our two strikers creating space for each other .....Richarlison checked his run short giving DCL the space to run in behind him which Godfrey then picked out with a great pass.

People still think he's a Champ forward?

Was chuffed with him scoring that type of goal yesterday. As Carlo said, it's one he hasn't scored a lot of this season and in recent months he's fluffed those types of chances when they've come to him.

so even Carlo agrees that he’s crap at 1 on 1’s?

Status
Not open for further replies.