Match Thread West Ham United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Win today and I think we'll finish above them and Spurs - which would give us that awful new UEFA competition. If United can do us a favour this week we might even be able to usurp Liverpool too, but typically Liverpool play them at the very best time for them, and the absolute worst time for United.

Given our severe squad limitations, I'd rather we finished 7th than 6th in all honesty. We all know that if we have a European competition alongside domestic football next season we'll suffer greatly for it.

At least if we can sneak into the Europa League it may, potentially, be worth it.

Don't win today and we can forget anything higher than 7th.

Looking at some of their results, they seem to blow hot and cold during games. Have a great 20 mins then nod off for 20. They are going to come out the blocks fast. Keep it tight first 20 and then try to hurt them. Davies needs to play.

Got dire game written all over it. Moyes will be at his just don't lose the game mentality and we'll mainly park the bus hoping to nick one on the break or from a set piece.

From what I`ve seen of West Ham they look quite attacking and score a few goals, we will play park the bus as you say. I can only see this going one way BUT we have been proven wrong many times by getting results when we thought we`d get beat and lose when we should have won.

So who knows?!? Lets get behind the team and save any criticism until we see what is served up. Need the 3 points to go within 3 points of West Ham with a game in hand. Lose here and we may as well switch off till August.....

Status
Not open for further replies.