Match Thread West Ham United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just awoke and seen Leeds beat Spurs. This is not good news, as it applies some pressure on our brave lionhearts. I wonder what odds the bookies are making on Everton to finish 11th? Quite short I would suggest

Think we will end up finishing bottom half. On the other hand win our next two games and European back on. Two nil west ham

As has been quoted a few times already, we will win tomorrow and regurgitate our hope and enthusiasm for gaining a European place. Then lose again against Villa.
We do like doing this to ourselves.

Chance for West Ham to go 2 points behind Leicester, if they weren't playing us I'd expect Moyes to bottle it
Burnley was the game where I thought they would bottle it. Moyes would have had plenty of injury excuses.

He actually went super aggressive in his selection and they should have won by a much wider margin.

The question for me is if it actually suits us more if Rice comes back? The midfield play with Lanzini was excellent, with lots of fast interplay and passing triangles. Rice is a good defensive mid, but not as good on the ball.

If they ping the ball around like the other match it will be very difficult for us to get a grip in midfield.

As has been quoted a few times already, we will win tomorrow and regurgitate our hope and enthusiasm for gaining a European place. Then lose again against Villa.
We do like doing this to ourselves.
Will we regurgitate our hopes, or will we serve up the usual diarrhea on the field? It really is hard to say which end we will come out on.

Never thought that West Ham away would be the most important game of the season so far but it has ended up being the case the way this season has panned out. Lose this and the blurts can definitely do one for rest of this season me. Having Moyes beat us is bad enough but effectively ending any hopes we had of qualification for Europe while increasing their own chances of 4th on top of the loss would be sticking the knife in and twisting it and ramming it sideways.

You owe us this one after all the heartache the last few months blues so go out there with the right attitude and 200% effort and bring home the 3 points please. Sick to death of disappointment now.

COYB's

Never thought that West Ham away would be the most important game of the season so far but it has ended up being the case the way this season has panned out. Lose this and the blurts can definitely do one for rest of this season me. Having Moyes beat us is bad enough but effectively ending any hopes we had of qualification for Europe while increasing their own chances of 4th on top of the loss would be sticking the knife in and twisting it and ramming it sideways.

You owe us this one after all the heartache the last few months blues so go out there with the right attitude and 200% effort and bring home the 3 points please. Sick to death of disappointment now.

COYB's
I certainly agree it’s last chance saloon for us. Our form since doucs got injured is awful, won’t be pretty tomorrow but we’re away so hope springs eternal

Reactions: Lob
Will we regurgitate our hopes, or will we serve up the usual diarrhea on the field? It really is hard to say which end we will come out on.
Not arsed either way. This peculiar season so unreal in many ways. Toon 4 up at Leicester, WBA beating Chelsea 5-2 I can't keep up with it. Once I realised that the defeats by West Ham and Leeds at GP weren't momentary aberrations and we'd blown so many chances to cement a top four place I gave up accepting it wasn't meant to be.
To quote Brenda "we go again"

Not arsed either way. This peculiar season so unreal in many ways. Toon 4 up at Leicester, WBA beating Chelsea 5-2 I can't keep up with it. Once I realised that the defeats by West Ham and Leeds at GP weren't momentary aberrations and we'd blown so many chances to cement a top four place I gave up accepting it wasn't meant to be.
To quote Brenda "we go again"
You forgot one....Aston Villa 7-RS 2 :celebrate:

Status
Not open for further replies.