2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the most frustrating thing with Richarlison is that he's probably no better today than the day he scored that brace at Wolves. Three whole seasons and he's not really taken a step forward in any area.

He looked a bit more dynamic when he played very well against us for Watford in the game when he scored. He’s very frustrating to watch at the moment, and being a bit harsh I think he even looks like he’s regressed a bit.

A player who’s meant to have star quality but seems to lack any stand out qualities or attributes.

Maybe he just needs a bit more around him or he’s wanting a move and isn't putting it in. Who knows?

Probably started believing his own hype, Carlo shouldn't have mentioned Ballon d'or. He also said give us another year, well he hasn't warranted the big move he was after in my opinion, he's no better than us at the moment. Which doesn't bother me, happy for him to be here, just find form again.

He doesn't need to improve his footballing intelligence or ability. He needs to improve the mental side of his game. He's too streaky at the moment and this season has been mainly poor. I think playing with better players if we can sign some will take the pressure off him and he will relax and play better.

He doesn't need to improve his footballing intelligence or ability. He needs to improve the mental side of his game. He's too streaky at the moment and this season has been mainly poor. I think playing with better players if we can sign some will take the pressure off him and he will relax and play better.
Sorry he definitely needs to improve his football intelligence and ability, he is in the dunces section at the moment, and has seldom been out of it, although he went top of the class when he scored at Anfield in the 2-0 win.

I think the most frustrating thing with Richarlison is that he's probably no better today than the day he scored that brace at Wolves. Three whole seasons and he's not really taken a step forward in any area.

Yeah I think this is it. We all saw what he was at the age of 21/22 and, as football fans do, thought that he would kick on and that all of the things we've seen him do - dead eye finishes (loads to recall), neat link up play (like his contribution to the second Sig goal vs Spurs), dribbling ability (fewer examples but Palace at home last season), aerial prowess (again, he's shown this plenty of times) - would come together.

It's not quite happened yet, but one thing I've always thought about him is that he needs coaching, rather than smoke blown up his ****. I think he'd be brilliant for a manger like Pochettino or dare I say Klopp. Hope he gets back on the path he was on because I still think there's a real top quality player in there.

Needs to get back to basics, imo.

Stick him out on the right for a bit and just task him with working his ass off to get up and down the pitch.
Agreed John. On Saturday night his poor control almost lead to a goal. His appreciation of options is very poor. The whole scowling face thing annoys me and he is never off the floor. It is said Barcelona offered us €85 for this flake a couple of seasons ago. I very much doubt they would be interested in him now after this erratic season And disappointing goal return. Hindsight is 20/20. I know a lot of people think Richie is the bomb. I am not one of them. He is a blind alley merchant. So many ups this season but an equal amount of downs. Been a long time since I posted.

Last edited:
I like him but I think he is being dragged down by the average players around him and the attitude of those players.

We would not get the sort of fee we'd have hoped possible for him on current form, but I have thought for quite some time that he looks like a player in need of a fresh challenge.

If we are selling Kean then I would certainly not sell Richy on top but he is coming to a crossroads in terms of his time here.

His performance on Saturday was terrible, there is no other way to describe it.

He's had a very poor season on the whole. That isn't going to be enough for me to knee jerk about his ability. Injuries have crippled us this season and we've never got to a place where we've been able to name a settled side or even on a system. Richarlison has suffered more than most because of this and I won't defend his form, but would I want to keep him? Absolutely

Status
Not open for further replies.