Transfer Rumour Philippe Coutinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read it was 20m if he makes 100 apps.

Not sure how true it is.

Yep €20m so about £17-18m. They have a difficult decision to make with him. He costs €20m to keep him plus wages. If they can sell him for €30-40m then they are up €50-60m plus wages off the books. Only has 2 years left too so cant see them loaning him either

For a player of that quality its a great deal. Its just whether he can stay fit. Good thing is, like James, he doesnt rely on pace so wont deteriorate too much in the next 4/5 years.

If and thats a big if, we are interested it could be a great bit of business. But its also a big risk for the money he would cost. I also think he would consider coming here as he doesnt have many options

If it's a James type deal then it could work well for us. We need more players who can score goals. We'd still need a proper winger with pace though and a CF so he wouldn't be top of my list.

don’t get people turning their noses up at this (even though I doubt it’s true).

richarlison coutinho James

behind DCL is pretty potent in my eyes.

don’t get people turning their noses up at this (even though I doubt it’s true).

richarlison coutinho James

behind DCL is pretty potent in my eyes.

I think its somewhat crept into our fanbase dna that if they have creativity and vision they're a luxury we cant accomodate.
"Hey you ya greedy get. Dont be trying that. Get rid of it and get back to the edge of our box"

I think its somewhat crept into our fanbase dna that if they have creativity and vision they're a luxury we cant accomodate.
"Hey you ya greedy get. Dont be trying that. Get rid of it and get back to the edge of our box"
I agree mate, want a team of yard dogs who just sprint around the pitch. We can still sign a pacy midfielder to supplement what we have on top of him.

Its an odd one for me. Like, you dont near Barcelona or Bayern without being a quality footballer, so thats a given.

My thing is that I cant recall a single post all season saying "what we need is a Coutino type player". So nice to have, but not a crucial addition.

It's not that for me it's more you need a balance and for me Coutunhio is one playmaker/luxury player too many unless Sig/Gomes is moving on? Even then I think this team needs an injection if pace,with and physicality over another number ten. Granted he would add more goals and creativity but for me we need a deeper playmaker/box to box player and I just can't see us paying him what he wants when he had a disappointing few years, but let's see

I see our youth policy is kicking in again fgs get some youth in like Godferey surely theres bargains of youth players in the UK or in Europe....... Cantwell at Norwich should have been a target last season.....
Keep away from the has beens......

Last edited:
It's not that for me it's more you need a balance and for me Coutunhio is one playmaker/luxury player too many unless Sig/Gomes is moving on? Even then I think this team needs an injection if pace and physicality. Granted he would add more goals and creativity but I just can't see us paying him what he wants when he had a disappointing few years, but let's see

But he doesnt have to be the only signing. Not saying sign coutinho and then thats it. Far from it. We need 4/5. A player like him plus what we need in other areas. If possible.
I just have no issue adding a bit of quality if and when its there. We may or may not get other targets. It happens. Unless people havent noticed, we're not exactly flowing with vision and quality. Not turning our nose up is the right expression.

Its an odd one for me. Like, you dont near Barcelona or Bayern without being a quality footballer, so thats a given.

My thing is that I cant recall a single post all season saying "what we need is a Coutino type player". So nice to have, but not a crucial addition.
We need a door unlocker and a midfielder who scores goals.

He has that in his locker.

It's not that for me it's more you need a balance and for me Coutunhio is one playmaker/luxury player too many unless Sig/Gomes is moving on? Even then I think this team needs an injection if pace,with and physicality over another number ten. Granted he would add more goals and creativity but for me we need a deeper playmaker/box to box player and I just can't see us paying him what he wants when he had a disappointing few years, but let's see

Kean + £40mill (at least)
Bernard + £120k a week wages = Coutinho

Zero net spend there liiiiiid

Status
Not open for further replies.