Transfer Rumour Philippe Coutinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he can be pushed out of the squad by better signings.
That may force him to at least go out on loan. If there's an idiot big enough out there to take him
Yeah for sure.

Just not sure we can squeeze him out this window.

Thats the key, we need some moron to think he might be a good idea.

If we can get a good chunk of our dough back, which is unlikely, we can easily replace him.

I see our youth policy is kicking in again fgs get some youth in like Godferey surely theres bargains of youth players in the UK or in Europe....... Cantwell at Norwich should have been a target last season.....
Keep away from the has beens......

He's 28. 29 next month. Isnt that the supposed in their prime age.
Cant we buy potential plus been there won the lot types.

It's not that for me it's more you need a balance and for me Coutunhio is one playmaker/luxury player too many unless Sig/Gomes is moving on? Even then I think this team needs an injection if pace,with and physicality over another number ten. Granted he would add more goals and creativity but for me we need a deeper playmaker/box to box player and I just can't see us paying him what he wants when he had a disappointing few years, but let's see
He (Coutinho) would indeed be one luxury player too many. BUT as a fanbase I suspect the overwhelming consensus would be that we would happily see Gylfi, Gomes and Bernard leave for any reasonable offer, so if we can shift two of them I'd have Coutinho in for £30m without hesitation. No-one would rationally suggest KEEPING all those three and adding Coutinho to the mix - we'd be paying Bernard and Gomes wages to literally NEVER play.

Don’t understand anyone not wanting him. Aside of his RS connection he would be a great addition to the squad. He was a quality player hence the big transfer fee .. Really hope this has legs ...

Status
Not open for further replies.