Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive just asked if youve watched him play a few games...

...not what matches the 'genius' Arteta hasnt played him in.

Id be surprised if Arsenal fans didnt rate him as their best centre back (not saying much)...hes got all the tools.

I think he'd be a bargain signing under £30mil and Martinelli as well who isnt being played.

Dont you rate Martinelli either ?

Saka is the one though.
I watched him against Fulham - he was poor. I watched him against the RS - he was rubbish. That's in the last month alone, but I've watched more than that.

In terms of Arsenal perspective and being their best defender, I found these recent posts from the Arsenal mania forum - all on the last two pages about him.

No Gabriel = Cleansheet

Another central defensive dud.

Well well well... i told you guys, he's too rash. Has no composure or coordination. Kolasinac 2.0.

Gabriel is dicey. But Koscielny had a penchant for knocking the ball into his own net when he arrived. I'm sure in time Gabriel will become as good as Kos. But at the moment Mari is the better defender

Looks a dud to me. All physicality with no brain. I can't imagine you'll sign another centreback so unless you go with the experience in Luiz and Mari for the majority of next season, you could be in trouble unless Saliba can make a big step up and make his mark in the first team.

Mistakes creeping in to his game which didn't seem to exist before Xmas. Rob Holding residue.

You're more than happy to go and have a look at his thread and try and find recent positive posts in a quantity similar to the negative ones.

Martinelli and Saka I'd both have, hence why I didn't mention them.

My bullet points for Marcel this summer:
  • No players from farmers leagues (which is any league apart from PL)
  • No overpriced English talent
  • No players from relegated teams
  • No youngsters - we need proven talent
  • No - one with no resale value (28+)
  • Proven top 4 experience
  • No more top 4 cast offs
  • Dogs of war style midfielders who have the finesse of Deco
  • Sign, at least, a new starting XI
  • Sell our unwanted crap for loads of money to clubs that don't need them, can't afford them or our cast offs won't go.

I watched him against Fulham - he was poor. I watched him against the RS - he was rubbish. That's in the last month alone, but I've watched more than that.

In terms of Arsenal perspective and being their best defender, I found these recent posts from the Arsenal mania forum - all on the last two pages about him.

You're more than happy to go and have a look at his thread and try and find recent positive posts in a quantity similar to the negative ones.

Martinelli and Saka I'd both have, hence why I didn't mention them.

Thats interesting. They mention hes "radh" and also "mistakes creeping in since xmas" plus "all physicality and no brain".

Sounds like the same kind of feedback the Napoli fans used to have about Koulibaly.

Perhaps its the first season in a new league, the system or lack of coaching.

Ive seen him play for Arsenal quite a bit this season simply because i enjoyed watching Saka and Martinelli when he plays.

Have to say he looks like a top class one on one defender to me (same with Godfrey) and has the tools...his passing is excellent...he is a magnet with headers at both ends...just quality.

Ancelotti could do wonders for him and Godfrey together im sure.

Do you have a link to that site?

I always like looking in the championship, but its alway good to have a mix.
Maybe 2 players from the championship (Aarons & Olise?)
A superstar in the James mould, someone we would never get without Carlo
And one more signing of the Doucoure MO, experienced but hungry and know the league.

People can get carried away with having a strategy of 'only buy under 23s' or sell on value.
The best teams always have a good blend

Id be more than happy signing Aarons and Olise as you say and then going bigger for two ready made players, though I’d like them to be on the younger side too. Neto and Bissouma stand out a mile to me and I don’t think they’re unattainable given what Wolves seem to sell their players for. I’m not too bothered about a superstar name but it would be exciting to see a top creative talent like Nkunku arrive, but realistically that ain’t happening.

My bullet points for Marcel this summer:
  • No players from farmers leagues (which is any league apart from PL)
  • No overpriced English talent
  • No players from relegated teams
  • No youngsters - we need proven talent
  • No - one with no resale value (28+)
  • Proven top 4 experience
  • No more top 4 cast offs
  • Dogs of war style midfielders who have the finesse of Deco
  • Sign, at least, a new starting XI
  • Sell our unwanted crap for loads of money to clubs that don't need them, can't afford them or our cast offs won't go.
You forgot "no players who have a YouTube compilation video with crap euro-dance music as the hacking track."

Id be more than happy signing Aarons and Olise as you say and then going bigger for two ready made players, though I’d like them to be on the younger side too. Neto and Bissouma stand out a mile to me and I don’t think they’re unattainable given what Wolves seem to sell their players for. I’m not too bothered about a superstar name but it would be exciting to see a top creative talent like Nkunku arrive, but realistically that ain’t happening.

Neto suffered a major knee injury.

Aarons + Bissouma would be great.

Imagine a centre midfield pairing of Bissouma and Kessie. With Allan, Doucoure and Gbamin all in the mix as well.

Thats strong.

Seems to be very highly rated. We need to be adding u21 or at least u23 players to the centre midfield area.
Bissouma would be great

I think when you potentially have Gbamin, Delph and Doucoure who could play the role of a defensive midfielder, adding Pape Mater Sarr for £10-15m over Bissouma who is a £40m player is better business.

I love Bissouma but £40m is a big chunk from our budget which I think we could use elsewhere plus I think United, RS etc are closer to making that deal.

Sarr is playing first team football at 17 admittedly in France and has HUGE potential not unlike Camavinga.

Bissouma joined Brighton from Lille for £15m at 22 with just 50 odd apps, Sarr has 20 so he's ready for the next step and hopefully with Everton.

Would like us to take the best of what the championship has to offer.

Aarons and Buendía from Norwich, though I appreciate they’re coming up so they’ll never sell us both.

Michael Olise from Reading who has 10 assists 6 goals this year.

David Brooks from Bournemouth, still only 23, who looked boss before his long injury and has 6 assists 5 goals this year, not bad considering he’d need a year to get back fully fit.

Young Oumar Niasse, promising striker at Huddersfield...you get my point though. There’s some very good players down there.
Yes

Maybe if any of us had ever seen him play.
Agreed but I'd say at least 60% of our signings GOT has never seen even if that played in the Premier League hence why for years it's been:
Deeney, Ings etc or MOTD highlights.

I've never seen him but a 17 year old lad who can play first team for any European top flight team must be looked into.

Agreed but I'd say at least 60% of our signings GOT has never seen even if that played in the Premier League hence why for years it's been:
Deeney, Ings etc or MOTD highlights.

I've never seen him but a 17 year old lad who can play first team for any European top flight team must be looked into.

Yeh sure, look, but don't know how we can claim it's a better deal than spending more on someone we know can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.