2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
....I disagree that he’s only had ‘one half a good season’. He’s a focal point who contributes when he doesn’t score. I guarantee every CB in this league hates the thought of playing against him.

I also disagree that he’s a ‘great header of the ball’. His amazing physicality gets his head on the end of crosses but he still needs to control his headers (Cahill, Ferguson, Sharp were terrific in the air), just like he needs to control chances he has with his feet.

Honestly, we‘re the envy of lots of clubs having DCL. Ancelotti will want to build a team around his best talent.

I doubt the CBS lose sleep over someone who's got 2 or 3 goals in like 16/17 games, he done well earlier in the year but he's shown for the past couple of seasons he's capable of going 8/9/10 games without a goal and being s passenger.

He's alrite but he doesn't get into any team in the top half of the prem currently bar west ham probably. He's so over rated on here and tbh will be lucky to get in the euros squad the way it's going

I doubt the CBS lose sleep over someone who's got 2 or 3 goals in like 16/17 games, he done well earlier in the year but he's shown for the past couple of seasons he's capable of going 8/9/10 games without a goal and being s passenger.

He's alrite but he doesn't get into any team in the top half of the prem currently bar west ham probably. He's so over rated on here and tbh will be lucky to get in the euros squad the way it's going

....and that’s where I disagree, he’s certainly not a passenger when he doesn’t score because he’s a key element of the team model. I absolutely guarantee CBs don’t like playing against him.

....and that’s where I disagree, he’s certainly not a passenger when he doesn’t score because he’s a key element of the team model. I absolutely guarantee CBs don’t like playing against him.

He's most definitely been a passenger for most of the last dozen games for me like.

I think that saying "defenders hate playing against him" is so cliche to strikers who are strong and good in the air as well. You hear it every week.

I get why people like DCL but just doesn't do it for me, far to inconsistent and one dimensional for me.

I think you are badly wrong. He is a terrific player. He gets terrible service and yet still does manage to bully the majority of CB's in the prem. Kane is better - but DCL is very close to matching him. He's shown his worth by the amount of times he's had to control punts down the pitch with his head as no-one else is there fro the flick on. The trust we placed in him early doors has definitely paid off.

DCL is fine, but we need an additional forward who plays in a different style so that we can shake things up.
He is capable of a lot of hard work, pressing, good holdup play but he is not naturally prolific. When the crosses dry up, so do his goals.

I think you are badly wrong. He is a terrific player. He gets terrible service and yet still does manage to bully the majority of CB's in the prem. Kane is better - but DCL is very close to matching him. He's shown his worth by the amount of times he's had to control punts down the pitch with his head as no-one else is there fro the flick on. The trust we placed in him early doors has definitely paid off.
Nooooooooooooooo, he's not.

He's most definitely been a passenger for most of the last dozen games for me like.

I think that saying "defenders hate playing against him" is so cliche to strikers who are strong and good in the air as well. You hear it every week.

I get why people like DCL but just doesn't do it for me, far to inconsistent and one dimensional for me.

....don’t think he’s one dimensional at all. He’s extremely fast, runs the channels, got good touch, very good back to goal, is an out ball, not to mention he gets his head on lots. Quite well rounded.

Not sure I read many critical posts earlier this season.

We’ll have to agree to disagree.

He would get in all their teams. I'm not saying he'd be guaranteed starter every match like he is here but I'm telling you now he'd get in every team.

Kane is far better in every aspect of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.