Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another twist.

Chelsea West Ham draw is my preference keeps it bubbling nicely.
That would be my preference also. Keep getting opportunities and throwing them away. Not enough games left now to miss any more opportunities. They need to get their heads switched on and realise the chance is there to achieve something. COYB

That would be my preference also. Keep getting opportunities and throwing them away. Not enough games left now to miss any more opportunities. They need to get their heads switched on and realise the chance is their to achieve something. COYB

If we win our game in hand we will be 6th level on points with the loser or 1 point behind both if they draw. It's on but it's up to the players now.

1619272018716.png

If we win our game in hand we will be 6th level on points with the loser or 1 point behind both if they draw. It's on but it's up to the players now.
Best result for us would be a West Ham win. Top 4 is then in our own hands. Would still be unlikely, but Carlo said we are ready for the run in.

Best result for us would be a West Ham win. Top 4 is then in our own hands. Would still be unlikely, but Carlo said we are ready for the run in.

Yeah we need to dry bum West Ham when we play them in that case to put the goal difference back in our own hands as they could afford to lose to us if they beat Chelsea if we don't pull that back.

Yep that is another way of looking at it.....you are too clever for me;) Anyway all academic as we all know they will mess it up.....or will they???

So it's off. We've been given a way back into the top four several times already and have failed to get the results in our own games. I don't know if after every good result the players think they can drop off a level and still win. End of season we'll be looking back on all those games that we lost against teams at the wrong end of the table and see that we blew a great chance of making the champions league.

This thread never goes away. If Chelsea and West Ham draw then it’s absolutely still a chance. I think Chelsea will win though and go on to get 4th, they are far better than any of the teams tussling with them.

I'd say we'll be hard pushed for top 4, although it's close it pretty much requires us winning all of our games bar City and requires Chelsea to drop points somewhere. Obv that can change depending on results around us but would say we'll need at least 12-15 pts from our remaining 6 fixtures. Win 3 and draw 1 and we'd be in with a real hope but it's a big ask. But the fact that we're still talking about it at this point of the season is good. Season is usually done by now for us.

Just realised the double cross is still on. If Arsenal win Europa and Chelsea win Champions League and finish 5th or lower 4th would drop into Europa League. Watch us somehow finish 4th and this happen. Everton all over!

Status
Not open for further replies.