Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve worked out to give us a chance of top 4 going into the last game we have to win all our next 5 (or draw to West Ham) and hopefully go to City and pick up something.

I think we’re most probably going to end up 6th/7th.

Is 6th Europa?

We absolutely still have a chance at the top 4. Its not a large one mind you, but Carlo said we needed 5 wins from the remaining 7, and it looks if we get those that we may possibly get 4th. We need 4 out of 6, so in order to get there we need to beat West Ham, ShefU, Villa, and either Villa again or Wolves. That gets us on 64 if we lose the other two.

Looking on paper, it appears likely Liverpool, Tottenham, West Ham and Chelsea all end up around 61-63 points, with obviously West Ham and Chelsea having the advantage to 4th. But, if they draw tomorrow, Chelsea have a brutal schedule to finish things out, and West Ham we can catch just by beating them.

We absolutely still have a chance at the top 4. Its not a large one mind you, but Carlo said we needed 5 wins from the remaining 7, and it looks if we get those that we may possibly get 4th. We need 4 out of 6, so in order to get there we need to beat West Ham, ShefU, Villa, and either Villa again or Wolves. That gets us on 64 if we lose the other two.

Looking on paper, it appears likely Liverpool, Tottenham, West Ham and Chelsea all end up around 61-63 points, with obviously West Ham and Chelsea having the advantage to 4th. But, if they draw tomorrow, Chelsea have a brutal schedule to finish things out, and West Ham we can catch just by beating them.
We’d need a lot of luck with Chelsea and West Ham results going in our favour for that. On top of that if City get the CL final they could potentially throw out the kids against us last game of the season.

If Chelsea and West Ham draw tomorrow we’re 4 points off 4th with a game in hand. If Chelsea win though I’d say it’s probably gone but they do have a tough last few games.

We need to win basically all of our remaining games and get some 2 or 3 goal margins in some to stand a chance honestly.

Most likely finishing position 7th so if City win the League Cup we will be in the Confrence League. However this season is so unpredictable I refuse to give up hope on 4th. We will probably need 5 wins a draw but I honestly believe we can do it. Just need some luck.

My Predictions

Chelsea 4th 55 points (Final 64)

West Ham v Chelsea D
Chelsea v Fulham D
Man City v Chelsea L
Chelsea v Arsenal D
Chelsea v Leicester W
Villa v Chelsea W

West Ham 5th 55 points (Final 66)

West Ham v Chelsea D
Burnley v West Ham D
West Ham v Everton L
Brighton v West Ham W
West Brom v West Ham W
West Ham v Southampton W

Tottenham 6th 53 points (Final 65)

Spurs v Sheffield United W
Leeds v Spurs D
Spurs v Wolves W
Spurs v Villa W
Leicester v Spurs D

Liverpool 7th 53 points (Final 65)

Liverpool v Newcastle D
Man U v Liverpool D
Liverpool v Southampton W
West Brom v Liverpool W
Burnley v Liverpool D
Liverpool v Crystal Palace W

Everton 8th 52 points (Final 65)

Everton v Villa W
West Ham v Everton W
Everton v Sheffield United W
Everton v Wolves W
Man City v Everton L
Villa v Everton D

Final Table
4. West Ham 66
--------------
5. Liverpool 65
6. Tottenham 65
7. Everton 65
8. Chelsea 64

A lot is riding on that West Ham v Everton game in a couple of weeks. HUGE!

Chelsea fixtures

West Ham A
Real Madrid A
Fulham H
Real Madrid H
City A
Arsenal H
Leicester H
Leicester Cup
Villa A

I want Chelsea to beat West Ham as i think theyre catchable with this run of games.

My Predictions

Chelsea 4th 55 points (Final 64)

West Ham v Chelsea D
Chelsea v Fulham D
Man City v Chelsea L
Chelsea v Arsenal D
Chelsea v Leicester W
Villa v Chelsea W

West Ham 5th 55 points (Final 66)

West Ham v Chelsea D
Burnley v West Ham D
West Ham v Everton L
Brighton v West Ham W
West Brom v West Ham W
West Ham v Southampton W

Tottenham 6th 53 points (Final 65)

Spurs v Sheffield United W
Leeds v Spurs D
Spurs v Wolves W
Spurs v Villa W
Leicester v Spurs D

Liverpool 7th 53 points (Final 65)

Liverpool v Newcastle D
Man U v Liverpool D
Liverpool v Southampton W
West Brom v Liverpool W
Burnley v Liverpool D
Liverpool v Crystal Palace W

Everton 8th 52 points (Final 65)

Everton v Villa W
West Ham v Everton W
Everton v Sheffield United W
Everton v Wolves W
Man City v Everton L
Villa v Everton D

Final Table
4. West Ham 66
--------------
5. Liverpool 65
6. Tottenham 65
7. Everton 65
8. Chelsea 64

A lot is riding on that West Ham v Everton game in a couple of weeks. HUGE!

I think we'll finish 5th or 6th.

I hope you are still clinging to 4th in your heart!!

Well i dont understand how or why were being written off by some...

Chelsea have more games and tougher ones.

Liverpool are all over the place

West Ham are getting injuries and nosebleeds

Spurs who knows...

Only negatives we have are missing Doucoure and the goal difference.

Id think 5th or 6th a very strong first full season from Ancelotti

The problem this year as was the problem last year is the number of teams we have to cross. Last year we were sat 10th or whatever but only a few points off the Europa and we swore we could still get it because the deficit is small. But that ignores that we have to outperform 4 out of the 5 of the RS, Leicester, Chelsea, West Ham and Spurs. Leicester's gap is too big to claw back by winning the game in hand too. Plus our abysmal GD is an extra point for everyone else.

Yes, the raw total is close, but we're very big longshots and should be sensible about it.

Well i dont understand how or why were being written off by some...

Chelsea have more games and tougher ones.

Liverpool are all over the place

West Ham are getting injuries and nosebleeds

Spurs who knows...

Only negatives we have are missing Doucoure and the goal difference.

Id think 5th or 6th a very strong first full season from Ancelotti

I'm hoping Doucoure might get back for the last 3. 6th was my target at the start of the season and its still very much on although the head says 7th, however that's cancelled out by the heart saying 4th. We are still in there would love the Barcodes to lift their game one more time today. Chelsea West Ham draw would be nice as it keeps both close to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.