2020/21 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has played well most of the season but his confidence seems to be fragile. Being dropped by England hasn’t helped,however how he has reacted to that shows his fragility. I don’t think he has the skills and pace to play in a back 3. Him and Mina or Godfrey in a back 4 is when his best performances have been. I still think a more vocal and flexible central defender/ leader is what’s needed in our defence.

Mina has errors just like the rest. Digne isnt a great defender. Great going the other way.
Godfrey is a possible. Athletic. Rough parts of his game still but he's still young.
Our defenders aint all that. Need to stop kidding ourselves.
Think digne has been bang average of late

Such a confidence player. Think being dropped by England has knocked him a lot. Gone from looking like one of the best defenders in the league to the shambles we saw last night.
And there's the problem, so much of football is a mental,confidence is so important and a player so frail in that respect will always be a liability.

I think he's had a solid season ......but his performance last night was shocking.

It was alarming how easily he was done in a one on one with Son.

We won't be succesful with Keane in the side.

I think he's had a solid season ......but his performance last night was shocking.

It was alarming how easily he was done in a one on one with Son.

We won't be succesful with Keane in the side.
Apart from Godfrey all of our defenders have really poor numbers for the amount of one on ones they have lost out on.

Mina has errors just like the rest. Digne isnt a great defender. Great going the other way.
Godfrey is a possible. Athletic. Rough parts of his game still but he's still young.
Our defenders aint all that. Need to stop kidding ourselves.

....actually think Digne significantly improved his defensive capability lots last season. He’s combative and he’s actually quite decent in the air (ball played beyond Pickford to the far post last night & he fended off on rushing forward to head over). He might not be at the top of his game but there are few better in this league.

Theyre both playing in a poor Wolves team who lost their striker this season.

The difference is though that both those players are quick. If we want to press, they can press, if there’s a 50-50 they can win it, if there’s a counter attack, they break away with it, if the opposition is on a breakaway they can foil it.

Siggurdson is the opposite outcome in every scenario and always will be because of his crippling lack of pace. Regardless what he does on the ball (which is average in my eyes) his off the ball work is non existent because it can’t ever be anything worthwhile. He sometimes makes a Herculean effort to get a despairing lunging toe on a ball that would be a standard intercept for any premier league midfielder.

If Carlo wants to keep him as a squad player as a rotation for James on reduced wages then fine. Every time he comes on the pitch though from a defensive perspective we are down to 10 men.

I've alwasy felt he is quite good defensively actually. He presses quite cleverly. Compared to say a Traore who just looks aimless to me.

I appreciate Wolves have lost and replaced a striker, we have had 20+ injuries this season.

Already back to his old crap self recently, imagine how much worse he'll be when fans return.
Can't be going into next season with him as one of our top 3 central defenders
And nobody will buy him cos he's crap, so he'll just end up another of the players staying until the end of their contracts before being released. Wouldn't be surprised to see Keane loaded out next season, probably back to Burnley so he doesn't start crying.

....there is an understandable concentration on the two abysmal goals we conceded last night, but there was a moment elsewhere that perfectly summed up my consistent view of Keane.

Son lined him up in a one-on-one & it was as though Keane had divers boots on. Keane didn’t get close to laying a glove on him (the commentary said ‘Son goes past Keane like he’s nothing there’) but then there is no power of recovery, he flounders like a tortoise on its back as Son runs in on Pickford.

There’s no doubt he’s played well at times this season but his weaknesses will always surface, there’s nothing new to be said that hasn’t been said before.

Forwards in this league will genuinely relish playing against him.
No sleep for me tonight cause it still haunts me

A total nightmare for the lad last night. Let the team down badly. He's been at fault for our last three goals. He gets drawn to the ball instead of sticking to his man and also caught underneath long/high passes. Something defenders are taught about from their very first time on the pitch. I hope we have an opportunity to move him on.

And nobody will buy him cos he's crap, so he'll just end up another of the players staying until the end of their contracts before being released. Wouldn't be surprised to see Keane loaded out next season, probably back to Burnley so he doesn't start crying.

Didnt he recently sign another long term contract?
Crazy decision when he should be available for transfer

Thinking about this clowns performance yesterday, his main attribute to games is his heading and that failed miserably last night.
Pace he has none
Ball control and passing (apart from passing backwards or side wards he is useless, how many times does he just blast the ball into opponents half, also at the kick off, wtf
Against tricky fast players gets caught out of position a lot of the time.
Like I have said previously he is an old fashioned center half the game has moved on, we need to as well

Status
Not open for further replies.