Match Thread Brighton HA v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton are dump at home and we’re boss away. We’ve hopefully got some important players back from injury. My soul aches with the crushing inevitability of our putrid 1-0 loss.

FWIW, though:

Olsen

Coleman
Keane
Mina
Godfrey
Digne

Davies
Siggy
James

DCL
Richarlison

I don’t WANT us to play 5 at the back but I think if Allan isn’t fit to start we will. I don’t wish continued injury on Gomes, I just really, really, really, really, really don’t want to see him in an Everton starting XI ever again.

Brighton are dump at home and we’re boss away. We’ve hopefully got some important players back from injury. My soul aches with the crushing inevitability of our putrid 1-0 loss.

FWIW, though:

Olsen

Coleman
Keane
Mina
Godfrey
Digne

Davies
Siggy
James

DCL
Richarlison

I don’t WANT us to play 5 at the back but I think if Allan isn’t fit to start we will. I don’t wish continued injury on Gomes, I just really, really, really, really, really don’t want to see him in an Everton starting XI ever again.
Time to give the young guns a go.

Referee: Darren England.
Assistants: Simon Long, Timothy Wood.
Fourth official: Graham Scott.
VAR: Jonathan Moss.
Assistant VAR: Simon Bennett.

Though Brighton have won 2 of the last 3 here, that last one been the Ref mess up giving them a pen that they admitted was wrong in the end, plus that OG from Digne, I am going to go for no reason at all an Everton 2-1 win - we seem to have a habit of hitting the post at this ground as well

We're due a win here. Cue an inevitable gut wrenching foam at the mouth draw/loss following another weekend of results elsewhere going our way. Everton aren't we.

We will set up not to concede and as usual be devoid of any real potent threat going forward.
They looked good against Man U and a lot more mobile than our collection of perma-crocked duds and going through the motions midfielders.
Think we might have enough to scrape a draw in yet another boring and unimaginative performance.

Brighton has voted and won the green party for the past two elections. They HATE Tories. Great place.

I fear a loss here. They play fast, one touch stuff and if they had a great striker, they would be easily be top ten. Create so many chances.

Rodrigueeeeeeeez! It's in! He's hit that from all of 50 yards!

He's never had the power of a Rooney or Ibra. He's more like Mueller in that he slithers into the 18 yard box and knifes the opposition, but he does it with the panache of an Iniesta.

Status
Not open for further replies.