2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a strange way to argue. I have set out my views, which I would say are quite balanced. You can either just ignore them, or you can argue properly. You do not have to involve Iceland in this. I am open to making mistakes, but that is my analysis based on data and experience.
if you notice...no one here agrees with you.... you can keep your false analysis to your self.

Classic case of - people are upset and then just throw darts on a dartboard and blame whoever.

The guy won MOTM in the match thread...

But yeah he needs to do more - if he doesn't score 3 a game because he's so "highly rated" it means he failed. /s
To be fair I think it's a valid argument. Personally I love him, he's been pretty much the only thing I've enjoyed about our play for the majority of the season and I just love seeing players who can do the things he does. I can totally see the other side of the coin though. He is a bit of a non-entity defensively, and I can understand the argument that he causes more problems than he solves. He's a joy to watch, but maybe it's right that he doesn't actually help us become a better team, I don't know.

James is not the problem or 'a' problem at Everton. We are priviledged to have him but not everyone seems to think so for some strange reason or another. The problems lay around him by not being good enough and definitely not being on the save wave length. I don't think one player has ever escaped dissection on here on why they are not good enough. I think the only player so far this season that may not have been called out for being not good enough is Godfrey and possibly Allan. We are a hard bunch to please.

so what if you are from Norway? did i ask ever ask?
We are not used to being censored here, and we cultivate different opinions without being shot. So I just wonder who to contact on the forum, so I do not say anything wrong, and get shot. There's probably a list of what we should mean somewhere, and it's nice to be updated on it - so I do not say something that others do not like.

Do you think JR would have been happy to sit on the bench at Everton? One thing is to do it in B Munich and Real Madrid where he was not found good enough, and where they do not allow any passengers on the team. But Everton? He came here because this was the best option, and because Ancelotti promised him a significant role on the team.
Oh man, you quickly lose your credibility if you say things that are not true. Bayern wanted to keep him, but James himself did not want to stay. In other words: James is good enough for Bayern.

We are not used to being censored here, and we cultivate different opinions without being shot. So I just wonder who to contact on the forum, so I do not say anything wrong, and get shot. There's probably a list of what we should mean somewhere, and it's nice to be updated on it - so I do not say something that others do not like.
no one is censoring you....this is a message board a medium to express anyone opinion.... but you are in a James' thread and you posted negative about him... it's normal someone will rebut and will disagree with you.... and vice versa you will also disagree with us.... we are on that process right now... disagreeing! again that is the logic/concept of message board!

Oh man, you quickly lose your credibility if you say things that are not true. Bayern wanted to keep him, but James himself did not want to stay. In other words: James is good enough for Bayern.
JR came to BM and said he did not want them to activate the option. But the point was that he got less and less playing time, and Hoeness had previously said that he was not willing to activate the option for a player who did not play regularly on the first team. Disciplinary issues were also reported.

no one is censoring you....this is a message board a medium to express anyone opinion.... but you are in a James' thread and you posted negative about him... it's normal someone will rebut and will disagree with you.... and vice versa you will also disagree with us.... we are on that process right now... disagreeing! again that is the logic/concept of message board!
All right to disagree, and come up with counter-arguments. Your argument was: "if you notice ... no one here agrees with you .... you can keep your analysis to your self".

Otherwise, I accept that people disagree, and I have tried to be nuanced. I'm not saying that JR is shitty playing, on the contrary, but in the situation both JR and Everton are in, I'm skeptical of the strategy. The same goes for Allan, who is also not a bad player, but who has peaked and who has relatively many injuries.

JR came to BM and said he did not want them to activate the option. But the point was that he got less and less playing time, and Hoeness had previously said that he was not willing to activate the option for a player who did not play regularly on the first team. Disciplinary issues were also reported.
You can twist it the way you want it but it was James' decicion to leave. It doens't matter what Hoeness had previously said. If James wanted to stay Bayern would have bought him.

Do you think JR would have been happy to sit on the bench at Everton? One thing is to do it in B Munich and Real Madrid where he was not found good enough, and where they do not allow any passengers on the team. But Everton? He came here because this was the best option, and because Ancelotti promised him a significant role on the team.

He has fantastic skills, something I have repeated countless times, but if we want to build a top team, we must steer clear of these player profiles. At the top level there are marginal differences, and if you have to use one player to cover up for another teammate's weaknesses, you have no chance. You might have done it ten years ago, but that time is over. Just look at Ronaldo at Juventus. He scores his goals, but the team gradually gets worse, and when they face real opposition in the CL, they are knocked out. The modern playmaker is KDB, and he runs his socks off in every match.
Why is everyone bitching at this guy? oh wait, I know.. it's because he's making logical sense, isn't it??

Everton aren't Bayern Munich. We have the players we have because the top clubs don't want them. That is not an argument for why he isn't a good footballer.

The bonus for all clubs is there's more players than there are clubs, so every now and then we get a great player.

Status
Not open for further replies.