Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't complain about the attack/chance creation today my friend. Certainly wasn't "backwards backwards backwards."

Awful finishing as expected from DCL and more surprisingly Richy. However the attack created 6 clear chances, maybe 7.

Another day we win 4-0 and no questions are asked.
When was the last time we did that?

We struggle to progress the ball forward through midfield and we can’t control a game. Our biggest problem was failing scoring more than one goal. For all of our midfield issues, the forwards failed to put away multiple good chances.

I agree with a lot of what you say and there are certainly many things beyond Carlo’s control, but I’d be interested to understand what, if anything, you would be critical of him for?

After all, he’s 18 months into a job. He took over a team that had finished 7th, 8th and 8th in the 3 seasons prior. A squad that, although disjointed, had certainly received heavy investment and lots of potential. Most would forgive him the 12th place finish last year, he’s had another £60 odd million to play with this year and many had expectations of a top six / seven finish.

That still isn’t impossible, or even unlikely but I agree with a lot of what you say and it would be interesting if you feel the manager has got it wrong too?
I think its easy to forget that we were not in 8th place when he took over - even if that is where we finished the previous season to his arrival.

Still fuming about this, proper ruined my week and its only just begun. Praying the RS lose against Madrid so I don't get to much stick from me mates.

It is madness to lay our current predicament at the door of Carlo Ancelotti, he has inherited 20 years of under achievement and mismanagement from a board who at one time thought Fat Sam was the answer. We have a group of players most of whom wouldn’t make the squad at any top six team because they have settled for mediocrity or who actually are mediocre.
We need another window to get ourselves into a position where we can challenge for top six and then some European experience to make ourselves attractive to proper players.
On paper we have a much better squad than West Ham and we have a better manager but they have heart a soul and we have players who continuously under preform and who then issue a rallying call only to disappoint again.
I believe there is a desire now in place from the owners and senior management to return Everton Football Club to the top table of football but unfortunately we have to rid ourselves of the dross who turn out for us week in week out.
We will be a force in the game again but the majority of the players who are currently stealing a very good living from us won’t be with us.

Have there been calls for his head???? When he goes we’ll struggle to get anyone as good in to replace him.

home form and the way we play at home shocking though and we look horrible trying to see a game out. Bit better tonight as we created a lot of chances but another bottle job ffs.
Had a good laugh at that. Anyone reading your second paragraph first would have been amazed if he had then gone back to read your second sentence. Second para -- home form "shocking", unable "to see a game out", and "another bottle job", but apparently -- second sentence -- we'd "struggle to get anyone as good in to replace him".

Everton don't have any quality subs and did not all season - that is lack of squad quality

Bringing on Gbamin who hasn't played since the great war it seems in a game we had to win was just wreckless, but again what were his options

Kyle John
Harry Tyrer
Nathan Broadhead
Nkounkou
King
Well, given the contribution Gbamin made I'd have thought Harry Tyrer would have been an option.

While we didn't play particularly well, we had more than enough chances to win the game but sadly we failed to take them.

It's definitely not as bad as some are suggesting.
Maye not the performance, but the result was.

Go and wipe your fanny. Yes it’s another missed opportunity but we’ve been smashed with injuries all season. We have no pace in the middle as a result. We made good chances today where usually we haven’t created anything all game. As I said another day we win 3-1.
We have no pace in the middle not because of injuries but because we haven't got any pacey midfielders on the books.

One of those nights, tonight. In recent weeks we've barely created one good chance and have typically taken them. Tonight, we create a hatful and can't finish. We won't qualify for Europe, I don't think, but tonight was a symptom not a cause. We need more winners in the squad, we sat back after we scored and What, and d

One of those nights, tonight. In recent weeks we've barely created one good chance and have typically taken them. Tonight, we create a hatful and can't finish. We won't qualify for Europe, I don't think, but tonight was a symptom not a cause. We need more winners in the squad, we sat back after we scored and we needed a couple of players to make it plain that that isn't the best way to see out a match.
What, and defied the manager's orders?

The most depressing thing about tonight’s result is that it came as no surprise to anyone on here and most of us were resigned to it even before kick off.

I am finding it hard to get enthusiastic about home games now.

Status
Not open for further replies.