2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gets chucked around far too easily the term World Class, that term to me is people like Ronaldo, Messi, Zlatan and players maybe the next rung down from them but they're elite players who can take their pick of clubs .
I agree , richy a a decent prem player but world class is thrown around far to much. James is the only one with world class attributes but I still wouldn’t call him world class. Before him rooney was a world class talent and before him it was kanchelskis and before him southall .

I agree , richy a a decent prem player but world class is thrown around far to much. James is the only one with world class attributes but I still wouldn’t call him world class. Before him rooney was a world class talent and before him it was kanchelskis and before him southall .
Decent players don’t have over 20 caps for Brazil at 23.

He will never be one of the worlds greats, but he has the ability to be a top top player. Unfortunately what goes against at times, is his ability to play in different positions and his unselfish work rate.

when he’s played left this season, and James has been on the right, he’s had to work harder for the team. Also with Ancelotti making us a low block type team, which I think will change when he gets better players. Richarlison has probably spent as much time in his own half this season, as the oppositions.

I’ve said this before, but in his first 2 seasons at Everton. He’s got more prem goals from open play than, Rashford, martial, Son, Firmino, Jimenez and lacazette. While playing for at team finishing 8th & 12th under 3 different managers. Playing in 3 different positions.

And under a number of different systems. IE 442, 4231, 433, 352. And a diamond. And also due to injuries, countless changes in personnel.

Ancelotti needs to find a way of getting him up the top end of the pitch, that’s where he’s at his best IMO. Wasted stuck on the left wing.

He will never be one of the worlds greats, but he has the ability to be a top top player. Unfortunately what goes against at times, is his ability to play in different positions and his unselfish work rate.

when he’s played left this season, and James has been on the right, he’s had to work harder for the team. Also with Ancelotti making us a low block type team, which I think will change when he gets better players. Richarlison has probably spent as much time in his own half this season, as the oppositions.

I’ve said this before, but in his first 2 seasons at Everton. He’s got more prem goals from open play than, Rashford, martial, Son, Firmino, Jimenez and lacazette. While playing for at team finishing 8th & 12th under 3 different managers. Playing in 3 different positions.

And under a number of different systems. IE 442, 4231, 433, 352. And a diamond. And also due to injuries, countless changes in personnel.

Ancelotti needs to find a way of getting him up the top end of the pitch, that’s where he’s at his best IMO. Wasted stuck on the left wing.
He definitely has all the attributes. He’s reasonably quick, good in the air and scores different types of goals. If he can put it together on a consistent basis then he can play at the very top level. Agree he’s not in the global megastar bracket but very very few players are.

He definitely has all the attributes. He’s reasonably quick, good in the air and scores different types of goals. If he can put it together on a consistent basis then he can play at the very top level. Agree he’s not in the global megastar bracket but very very few players are.
I also remember seeing a comparison stat about his goal alongside some of the others I mentioned like rashford and Jimenez. And it was something like. Rashford scores 85% of his goals with his right foot. While Richarlison was 40% right 30% left 30% head. Wasn’t quite as exact as that, but not far off.

.....nothing flash or fancy about his football but he’s really effective. It’s a real skill getting on the end of chances like he does, he’s superior aerially than DCL & I like him lots.

You're not wrong, although in the training vids you see him doing all kinds of skills, I also remember in one of his first games at Goodison him flicking it over someone's head and leaving them for dead... where has that gone?

If he can get 4 goals from LF in these last 10 games I think he has had a decent season. If we go with 2 up top I would expect him to get 6 goals. He isn't world class but he is high end and there is still scope for improvement.

mate this is the worst generation of Brazilian players in my life and probably since the 60’s. He is a decent prem player that’s it. His finishing is the strongest part of his game as far as skill set in concerned and he has been shocking with his shooting this season. His decision making is bad and hasn’t improved that much in his time here , his passing is a joke .. he regularly over hits , under hits or misplaces 6-10 passes at vital times and our attacks break down with him all the time. He can’t cross , spot a pass , beat a man while dribbling and goes missing a lot. He’s descent prem player and has time to improve but he’s not anywhere near the 100m player some people on here claim him to be

mate this is the worst generation of Brazilian players in my life and probably since the 60’s. He is a decent prem player that’s it. His finishing is the strongest part of his game as far as skill set in concerned and he has been shocking with his shooting this season. His decision making is bad and hasn’t improved that much in his time here , his passing is a joke .. he regularly over hits , under hits or misplaces 6-10 passes at vital times and our attacks break down with him all the time. He can’t cross , spot a pass , beat a man while dribbling and goes missing a lot. He’s descent prem player and has time to improve but he’s not anywhere near the 100m player some people on here claim him to be
You’re obviously watching a different player to me. Ancelotti rates him highly so they will do for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.