New Everton Stadium Discussion

I just hope between now and the final construction that there'll be more seats (another 10000 would be nice), some overhanging tiers or even a double decker in the north stand, maybe more premium boxes. I don't think there is any reason why we should not have BMD as ambitious as NWHL. It may be too late to make such changes. Opportunity missed.
1617287958632.png

The orientation of the ground is based upon the Sun path, and the position of premium seating and broadcast personnel/equipment, nothing to do with capacities. It was never going to be an east/west configuration.

Also, nothing was ever dependent on any CG bid.

East to west frees up more space on the site, sun trajectory is less of an issue these days with hybrid pitches, artificial lighting and multiple kick-off times. Plus in anycase many large notable stadia are E-W, with little to no real detrimental effects.

The initial idea for a move to BMD was very much tied in with a CWG bid. This would've freed up a significant funding opportunity and enlarged stadium format to accommodate it. As soon as the bid was lost all went quite for quite a long period. After that the larger format was relegated.

I don't work for the ECHO mate.

I am saying the same thing as you though, which is we could easily sell out 60k.

The trends I looked at, from memory were:
1) Everton's historical position on attendences through history (generally top 5/6)
2) The number of games we were selling out
3) The standard increase levels clubs who have moved ground tend to get (if I remember it's around a 60% uplift)
4) The general inflationary pressure on attendences (I.E football attendences have been increase year on year for 30 years)
5) As alongside this, we started averaging 36k in the mid 90's and never dropped below though. This is nearly full occupancy, and is full aside from obstructed view seats. Footballs attendences have increased around 20% since then. So even if we stood still, had we have had a bigger Goodison we would be averaging mid 40's at the very least.
6) If we were to become successful, there's a likely 25%+ increase in fans that could be expected to come (as per the mid 90's after we won the cup). Qualifying and maintaining position in the CL would reflect this.

So as a summary,the measure would state on historical evidence we would have a ground 60k ish. Also on inflationary pressures you would have assumed we would sell out a ground that was 45-48k most weeks now. Most teams then get a 60%+ increase on that number. To me there was never any sense in not building 60k.

The ground will be too small. It will be great to have a new ground, but it is too small.
You on furlough mate?

Capacity is fine, just give me decent facilities, cold beer before and after the game and a great view of the pitch.
Any boasting about size or numbers should be about the trophy room, that’s where we’re failing currently.

@roydo @Brisan123

I know you both like dot connecting. There is specific mention of it in this article.

Are one of you the CEO?:oops:

@roydo @Brisan123

I know you both like dot connecting. There is specific mention of it in this article.

Are one of you the CEO?:oops:
It was always mine and @roydo thought that the stadium was only a catalyst for the real money to be spent and hundreds of millions to be made
Dockside living is a thing all over the world
People love to live near water

It was always mine and @roydo thought that the stadium was only a catalyst for the real money to be spent and hundreds of millions to be made
Dockside living is a thing all over the world
People love to live near water

That was the theory we stumbled on a while back. So far, so good, but struggle to see how the folk we reckoned would make a killing are going to do so, looking at those links.

East to west frees up more space on the site, sun trajectory is less of an issue these days with hybrid pitches, artificial lighting and multiple kick-off times. Plus in anycase many large notable stadia are E-W, with little to no real detrimental effects.

The initial idea for a move to BMD was very much tied in with a CWG bid. This would've freed up a significant funding opportunity and enlarged stadium format to accommodate it. As soon as the bid was lost all went quite for quite a long period. After that the larger format was relegated.

This simply isn't true. The North South orientation is nothing to do with how well the grass grows, it is all about broadcast and premium seating, keeping the sun out of the eyes of the highest payers and direct sunlight on the camera lens.

Conversations about BMD were happening long before the chance of the CWG arriving in Liverpool. There was some opportunism from LCC with regards to our stadium, but at no point was there any reliance on the CWG for the stadium, nor was there a risk that the stadium design would be altered to accommodate it.