New Everton Stadium Discussion

There's a glaring difference between the location of both Arsenal and Tottenham before objectively considering other factors - e.g. it's false equivalence.

To the second point, adding more seats with a lower sale value to fill them is not good business, let alone maths. Each seat will have an overall build cost.

Just a quick response, that's not the point I was making. We will have to face an increase in ticket prices, I'm sure. But to have a balance so to keep a proportion of the ticket prices down, a bigger capacity/matchday attendance will generate more matchday income. To offset the lower prices. It will be harder to do this with 52k compared to say 60k.

Any comparison with any other club can have pros and cons. We can't compare to London clubs, we can't compare to Liverpool or United, for their world wide fan base, or City because of their recent success. To me they're all clubs that Everton should be seen as equal to but if the club and some fans think we're no longer a top club and can't compete at their level where we were not too long ago, then of course we'll settle for a less ambitious capacity.

Which is possibly a combined consequence of high site prep costs and/or anticipated low corporate take-up as much as anything else. Lounge space does not have to have large viewing areas (or any).

If the whole executive boxes market takes off they can easily be retro fitted in between the tiers. You can see especially on the east stand plans that there appears to be little there.

I'm comfortable with what the club have done we do not need or will sell as many as them lot, utd and the London clubs, so it's pointless going over the top. If we need it then we can add it, seems sensible to me. As for using them as hotel rooms it would be such a niche market that the 20 or so we have would be more than enough and it's not going to generate a huge profit so why go through the hassle?

I wanted about 58-60k, but in a sense without modelling, you can come up with any figure and it's entirely arbitrary.

The club stressed the importance of retaining atmosphere and a sense of intimidation to visiting teams also. To me that is crucial.

Undoubtedly, you reach a point where that begins to be lost with every couple of thousand seats increase in capacity.

I doubt that was the foremost consideration but we have a 25% increase in capacity achieved in a state-of-the-art waterfront stadium that none of our competitors can offer.

The inside of the stadium looks like much of a muchness to me, but its the location, outer structure, and facade, where it looks fantastic.

It's more than acceptable for me, and you have to respect the years of planning and consideration that have gone into this.

For once, the club are doing everything almost to the fullest extent of how I'd like them to on something.

Let's get it built.

If the whole executive boxes market takes off they can easily be retro fitted in between the tiers. You can see especially on the east stand plans that there appears to be little there.

I'm comfortable with what the club have done we do not need or will sell as many as them lot, utd and the London clubs, so it's pointless going over the top. If we need it then we can add it, seems sensible to me. As for using them as hotel rooms it would be such a niche market that the 20 or so we have would be more than enough and it's not going to generate a huge profit so why go through the hassle?

I dont think it does, the lack of "gifting" in modern corporate means you dont have institutions buying them the way you would have in years gone by, the trend seems to be moving towards "Premium" seating (ie a middle tier), with comfy seats

So I understand, you buy a season ticket and then you buy a package season ticket as well? The bronze,silver,gold, diamond, platinum?

Does this mean if you don't buy the extra package you can't get drinks etc at the stadium?

Also for people who have season tickets would you be getting to the ground early to get drinks or go to town and get to the ground just before kickoff?

So I understand, you buy a season ticket and then you buy a package season ticket as well? The bronze,silver,gold, diamond, platinum?

Does this mean if you don't buy the extra package you can't get drinks etc at the stadium?

Also for people who have season tickets would you be getting to the ground early to get drinks or go to town and get to the ground just before kickoff?

I read it that those packages include the respective seating area so you're Bronze season ticket would be both the bar etc plus seat in one section of the ground. GA looks like just concourses from what I can gather.

Personally I'd like an indoor bar/pub type area which is comfortable and serving decent ale, that'll do me. If they don't provide that then I'll go to the bars that will spring up around the ground.

There's something really childish about wanting a bigger capacity just to show 'ambition'. It comes across as pretty embarrassing.
Really?

Fair enough. I was just thinking it's not enough. Barely covers the demand we had pre covid. But then who am I just a fan. Wanting to see Everton as the best. I don't question the ambition of the stadium £500m plus just a bit limited for the long term. The club is a little too cautious (from the Elstone days particularly). We've a big fan base don't underestimate that.

There's something really childish about wanting a bigger capacity just to show 'ambition'. It comes across as pretty embarrassing.

It’s not really as it surely cannot be a coincidence that the most successful teams in football have the biggest stadiums. That doesn’t mean that a big stadium makes you successful (e.g Sunderland) but there’s not too many of those super clubs (with the exception of Juventus) that have small stadiums.

The rest of the top 6 have capacities of over 60k (or are building for that). We want to compete with that peer group so why wouldn’t we have the same requirements they do?

If the club came out and said that this was the max capacity the site could hold then fair enough as the positives of the site probably outweigh 6k extra seats, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable for fans to question why the club would consider that we can’t currently, or at any point in the future, fill a bigger stadium.

I just hope between now and the final construction that there'll be more seats (another 10000 would be nice), some overhanging tiers or even a double decker in the north stand, maybe more premium boxes. I don't think there is any reason why we should not have BMD as ambitious as NWHL. It may be too late to make such changes. Opportunity missed.
It won't happen.
and If it was to happen your might end up having to pay spurs prices

Really?

Fair enough. I was just thinking it's not enough. Barely covers the demand we had pre covid. But then who am I just a fan. Wanting to see Everton as the best. I don't question the ambition of the stadium £500m plus just a bit limited for the long term. The club is a little too cautious (from the Elstone days particularly). We've a big fan base don't underestimate that.

It’s not really as it surely cannot be a coincidence that the most successful teams in football have the biggest stadiums. That doesn’t mean that a big stadium makes you successful (e.g Sunderland) but there’s not too many of those super clubs (with the exception of Juventus) that have small stadiums.

The rest of the top 6 have capacities of over 60k (or are building for that). We want to compete with that peer group so why wouldn’t we have the same requirements they do?

If the club came out and said that this was the max capacity the site could hold then fair enough as the positives of the site probably outweigh 6k extra seats, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable for fans to question why the club would consider that we can’t currently, or at any point in the future, fill a bigger stadium.
I don't think it's unreasonable to question the capacity, I never said it was. I said it comes across as childish in the context of saying 'the stadium needs to be bigger because Spurs' is bigger' etc. If you're saying I think it should be bigger because I'm concerned I might not be able to get a ticket, that's understandable. If you're saying I think it needs to be bigger because I've run numerous models and they all show financially we'll be missing out hugely by not adding another 8k seats, that's fine. If you're saying we need to have a bigger stadium because otherwise people will look at our capacity and West Ham's capacity and say we're not as big as them - and you're not 7 years old - it's weird.

Chelsea’s ground holds 47,000?