New Everton Stadium Discussion

And the repeating continues....

I maintain that nobody would lend a penny to the development of a half a billion pound stadium project without a change to regulations that ban people from attending stadia.

No restrictions, no problem.
Gate receipts are nothing...well not actually nothing but as a % of income .
Get this straight
We need a new Stadium because we need one
The new Stadium is not to make the club money
It's because we need one.
We're getting one because it makes Moshiri money when he sells us on...and we get a new stadium out of the deal.

This is the RAWK response in a nutshell. I made a salient point about the impact that, y'know, bans from attending stadia may have on developments that will depend on stadium attendance, and then there's a mobbed response implying that I've claimed that there will never be any stadia built ever again.
I half(?) agree with you, I think there will still calacity restrictions in 3 years, the new Covid normal will just be normal by then.
But with an estimated 6million people having 'vaccination anxiety' due to whatever reason nano micro chips in it.
The vaccine produced herd immunity might struggle to get to the 95%
Then it's back to hand washing, masks and above all Social Distancing.
Which won't include the guy in the seat behind you coughing in your head from a range of 18inches

I half(?) agree with you, I think there will still calacity restrictions in 3 years, the new Covid normal will just be normal by then.
But with an estimated 6million people having 'vaccination anxiety' due to whatever reason nano micro chips in it.
Which won't include the guy in the seat behind you coughing in your head from a range of 18inches
No chance. If we get to 90% coverage (then 70%+ for variant boosters), which looks entirely achievable, the government will let it run through the remaining population. There will be herd immunity by the front door or the back door by 2024 and then we'll live with it like any other endemic disease. Some cultural changes might stick, mask wearing, not shaking hands etc.., but unless a variant comes along for which the vaccine programme offers no protections then it'll be pretty much business as usual. The cost-benefit analysis will tip towards keeping the economy going as the number of deaths won't be politically damaging.

No chance. If we get to 90% coverage (then 70%+ for variant boosters), which looks entirely achievable, the government will let it run through the remaining population. There will be herd immunity by the front door or the back door by 2024 and then we'll live with it like any other endemic disease. Some cultural changes might stick, mask wearing, not shaking hands etc.., but unless a variant comes along for which the vaccine programme offers no protections then it'll be pretty much business as usual. The cost-benefit analysis will tip towards keeping the economy going as the number of deaths won't be politically damaging.
I'm not saying it'll be 'and' 'or' - black - white
I saying the Stadium will get built, because fan attendance / (lack of) gate money is not a deal breaker.
I just wouldn't be surprised if even 4 years on, the opening day wasn't limited to say 30,000.

I'm not saying it'll be 'and' 'or' - black - white
I saying the Stadium will get built, because fan attendance / (lack of) gate money is not a deal breaker.
I just wouldn't be surprised if even 4 years on, the opening day wasn't limited to say 30,000.
Even the most pessimistic epidemiological models don't support that outcome and, as I have said before, politics and economics will eventually overrule public health scientists. If we open the stadium in August 2024, which in itself is far from certain, it will, most likely, be to a full house.

We are not going to have restricted capacity in 4 years time lads, stop being so bloody silly.

You can never say never as you don't know for instance what catching covid multiple times (i mean 3/4/5) does to a person yet. What you can say is with all the attention and funding this problem is getting that there would likely be a solution that works given the 3 year time frame to find it. OR if it's still that bad at somepoint you would like to think we would have rolled up the drawbridge and just cope without international travel to have freedom inside our own borders as a lesser of two evils.

It's very difficult to see how society wouldn't have gotten back to normality just on the basis of the number of people who would kick off over constant lockdowns/restrictions as the damage to people's livelihoods and mental health outweigh the risks of dying/getting a serious illness from the disease. So if I were to place a bet on the capacity for the first game at BM it would be 52,888 (if we don't change the total capacity whilst building the thing).

You can never say never as you don't know for instance what catching covid multiple times (i mean 3/4/5) does to a person yet. What you can say is with all the attention and funding this problem is getting that there would likely be a solution that works given the 3 year time frame to find it. OR if it's still that bad at somepoint you would like to think we would have rolled up the drawbridge and just cope without international travel to have freedom inside our own borders as a lesser of two evils.

It's very difficult to see how society wouldn't have gotten back to normality just on the basis of the number of people who would kick off over constant lockdowns/restrictions as the damage to people's livelihoods and mental health outweigh the risks of dying/getting a serious illness from the disease. So if I were to place a bet on the capacity for the first game at BM it would be 52,888 (if we don't change the total capacity whilst building the thing).
Never

Vaccine anxiety will soon disappear when people are told they cannot go on holidays ,attend concerts or football matches
Any large gathering ,maybe even certain restaurant may require a vaccination
Certain employers may insist on staff being vaccinated
It will not be mandatory vaccinations but it will make life a lot harder if you choose to not get vaccinated
Principles often go out the window when reality knocks on the door