New Everton Stadium Discussion

And if you think a permanent ban will remain, you would be correct.

But you asked why anyone would drop £500m on a ground now. The reason is because the risk of a permanent ban is zero to nil. And thats being generous.

Zero to nil in your risk assessment, now that a vaccine has been rolled out and looks to be effective.

I'm not sure you'd have had the same risk assesment prior to the vaccine roll out?

I'm not sure you'd have the same risk assessment should we end up with 3rd, 4th and 5th waves from the Playa D'en Bossa 2023 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle variant, or whatever comes next?

You really think they will lend a company 500m and not have its Billionaire owner guarantee the amount?

If Everton have gone pop, chances are he has as well.

Its straying into the realms of fantasy, but lenders would care what they might end up having to off load. Its the one thing that separates sports arenas from the more normal commercial property deals. Proper companies rarely have one main owner to go after and proper commercial property can do more than one or two things. And said owners can do clever things with stadium ownership.

Barry Hearn still has Orients ground in his personal pension for example.

I think you are being silly, tbh.

I'm not claiming to be the commercial property expert that you are. I don't think I need to be a commercial property expert of your standing to assert that a continuation of the current ban on stadia attendance would be of concern to investors in stadia development should the ban remain in place.

In fact, you go on to state that a continuation of the current ban would mean that investors wouldn't even entertain investing in stadia at all should the current ban remain in place, and I agree with you. That really is what has underpinned my argument; that stadium bans are bad news to investors in stadia!

It doesn't even have to go to the extreme of never allowing any fans in attendance ever again. Just social distancing measures have the potential to turn a stadia allowing attendances of 50,000 into attendances allowing 25,000 etc.

Admittedly, I don't know what the future holds. But it's silly for us to agree that a continual ban on stadia attendance would put an end to stadia investment, and then claim that I am being ridiculous for suggesting that there is risk in stadia investment.
It won't.

If Everton have gone pop, chances are he has as well.

Its straying into the realms of fantasy, but lenders would care what they might end up having to off load. Its the one thing that separates sports arenas from the more normal commercial property deals. Proper companies rarely have one main owner to go after and proper commercial property can do more than one or two things. And said owners can do clever things with stadium ownership.

Barry Hearn still has Orients ground in his personal pension for example.
Well we could suffer 4 relegations in the next 4 years I suppose.

Everton Football Club is paying a premium for the Riverside location.

Everton Football club will borrow the money.

The people lending the money do not care where its located or how many people attend, they simply want their repayments on the loan.

I'm aware of this. But the people lending the money will want to be assured of the stadium's success. To act like the people lending the money wouldn't care if the stadium was being built in the Orkney Islands is patently ridiculous.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised at all if there is a seperation in entity when it comes to lending for the stadium? I wouldn't be so sure that the money for the stadium is lent to Everton Football Club. I don't know, but it wouldn't have to be, and Moshiri has previously spoken about SPV's.

I'm aware of this. But the people lending the money will want to be assured of the stadium's success.
Again mate, they really don't care if its a success.

Of course they will weigh up the pros and cons and the risks.

But I doubt they factor in a global stadium ban lasting the next 25 years.

Zero to nil in your risk assessment, now that a vaccine has been rolled out and looks to be effective.

I'm not sure you'd have had the same risk assesment prior to the vaccine roll out?

I'm not sure you'd have the same risk assessment should we end up with 3rd, 4th and 5th waves from the Playa D'en Bossa 2023 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle variant, or whatever comes next?

My assessment isnt the point. I am not investing nor borrowing a bean.

I am telling you that as an assessment of risk that folk will make, future crowds being banned will not even be on a list.

Well we could suffer 4 relegations in the next 4 years I suppose.

And thats exactly why its in his pension fund. Whoever bought Orient from him, and who ever will buy it in the future, they will always have the ground protected.

Till he is dead, but he will most likely have sorted to pass it to Eddie. (Most likely in the same pension fund anyrate). Fun and games pensions and property and stuff.