New Everton Stadium Discussion

I am prepared to bet you a virtual mars bar, that the main reason the SOS has asked for more time is to double check all the WHS/Eco/Green stuff can be met to satisfy those particular lobby groups.

Its jack to do with a scouser taking a few weeks longer to build a pavement.
I think your first instincts on this were correct: you didn't see it coming and you viewed it as a problem. You seem to have been persuaded by others that this is just all about a few two-bob deals between local councillors and builders. That low level graft goes on in every authority, I'm sure.

This is a big deal. I'm not saying it's about EFC and BMD and the work done on it; what I am saying is that the whole process of forensically going over every action and decision this council's decision makers have made - or any scheme they have been involved in - will take a long time. And even if it's quickly established that there is no significant connection between the private parties and the local authority officials, I'd guess that Jenrick will want to play it safe and take this matter to a public inquiry.

It's for the birds that this situation isn't going to add another significant road block to the stadium decision.

I am prepared to bet you a virtual mars bar, that the main reason the SOS has asked for more time is to double check all the WHS/Eco/Green stuff can be met to satisfy those particular lobby groups.

Its jack to do with a scouser taking a few weeks longer to build a pavement.

Or...

Its because there's thousands of pages to go over and the Secretary of States department is in the middle of drafting plenty of legislation to allow for supporting the covid recovery come 12th April. I. E no planning permission needed for pubs to put benches on pavements outside premises..

I think your first instincts on this were correct: you didn't see it coming and you viewed it as a problem. You seem to have been persuaded by others that this is just all about a few two-bob deals between local councillors and builders. That low level graft goes on in every authority, I'm sure.

This is a big deal. I'm not saying it's about EFC and BMD and the work done on it; what I am saying is that the whole process of forensically going over every action and decision this council's decision makers have made - or any scheme they have been involved in - will take a long time. And even if it's quickly established that there is no significant connection between the private parties and the local authority officials, I'd guess that Jenrick will want to play it safe and take this matter to a public inquiry.

It's for the birds that this situation isn't going to add another significant road block to the stadium decision.
It’s not low level graft Dave, it’s corruption involving millions of Local Authority money.

Laing's are now recruiting for a security team for projects in Liverpool.

"First point of contact for visitors, contractors and managing access for large construction sites within the City of Liverpool" it says in the job spec.

What other projects besides BMD are they involved in?

Rumours going round that it’s being called in and Colin Chong is implicated with Joe Anderson who will be arrested this week.

Where is that from?

If he is I want DBB all of them gone.
This is a bizarre conspiracy theory that is hardly worthy of this forum. We are not RAWK.
What has Colin Chong been implicated in? Why is our CEO involved? Can you name a source? Or is this just internet drivel?

This is a bizarre conspiracy theory that is hardly worthy of this forum. We are not RAWK.
What has Colin Chong been implicated in? Why is our CEO involved? Can you name a source? Or is this just internet drivel?

Of course it is and it's really disrespectful to suggest otherwise.

DBB has been a champion of charity for decades.

Don’t be too quick to dismiss council involvement in the funding of this. It doesn’t have to be direct.
Also, there’s a clause stating that if the club decide to back out, they don’t have to pay LOR for the work already undertaken who are already into this for millions and haven’t been paid a penny so far.

That's not a 'clause' that's just a standard construction contract. LoR have done a lot of work at theor own risk, and there is only one reason for that, they know its happening.

Rumours going round that it’s being called in and Colin Chong is implicated with Joe Anderson who will be arrested this week.

Got sent that myself, funnily enough from a kopite ofcourse, add it to the list of BS that they've sent out over the last few years about this build

The corruption will involve kings construction and other property developers in the city, the £3million LCC gave mark Doyle for an academy to bring apprenticeships through which was a blag (then owner of kings, and someone Stevie mee invested money with in bottled water) *allegedly ofcourse*

We are owned and backed by billionaires who don't need to bribe some local counciler with a new car or a villa

Big Joe was heavily involved in our ‘purchase’ of BMD. He was also, at one point, being heavily linked to the financing of the new stadia too.

Whether Everton got wind of his alleged dodgy dealings is a distinct possibility given that he hasn’t been as involved for quite some time.

However, I have seen in the press very recently that a £6k donation to the Labour Party from an EFC Director has been called in to question.

Someone on here claims that Mr Chong (EFC’s new stadia supremo) is allegedly about to be arrested and questioned by the police about the same allegations Big Joe faces.

The Government is about to take control of Liverpool City due to a problem with fraud and underhanded dealings by the council which both supported and enabled BMD.

And some are saying that there is nothing to be concerned about.

Big Joe want "heavily involved" in the purchase at all. The agreement was between Peel and EFC, with CBRE acting as advisors. As much as Anderson tried to get himself in the middle, he wasn't. In fact, his antics actually annoyed a few at the club.

"First point of contact for visitors, contractors and managing access for large construction sites within the City of Liverpool" it says in the job spec.

They are doing work in the New Royal hospital

The biggest project Laing O'Rourke have in Liverpool at the moment is the completion of the Royal Hospital development, which has a minimum 18 months to run. Not sure if they are still involved at Broad Green and Alder Hey as well. They were, of course, main contractors on Liverpool One and more recently the Clatterbridge cancer centre on Prescot Street next to the Royal.
A safe pair of hands.

True - that is part of their remit, strangely enough! To give them credit, they have taken on a massive rescue act from the mess made by Carillion.

People would be utterly shocked to learn of the actual state that project was left in. I hope one day it all comes out. LoR have really caught the kop for it. I havenpyt been passed for 12 months, so not sure where they're up to, but huge portions of the cladding needs to be replaced and that is still one of the smaller issues they faced when they took it on. Had Carrillion not gone bust, many of the issues may never have been found until to late.