New Everton Stadium Discussion

Just love the idea that all the huge investment banks who typically facilitate deals like ours are all sitting there waiting for the clock to strike 00:01 on the 1st July before financing anything in the UK.

waiting.gif

Just to recap for those coming to this late :

The reasons so far for the stadium not getting built are :

Corruption - Chippy Tits and his sticky fingers.
The Virus - It`s going to last forever and will only ever be used for gladiatorial Thunder Dome fights to the death.
Obesity - The seats will be too small by the time it opens for all the lard arses.
World War 3 - The RS will start a world war to stop us moving in.
I've much preferred this to the 20 odd pages of 'do buses go to Bramley Moore?', 'how sweaty will I get on my walk there?', 'is the ferry a bit costly?' and 'will a taxi driver know what I'm talking about if I ask for Bramley Moore?'

There's being a risk-averse investor and then there's being completely ignorant.

And wanting to see how the 'road map to recovery' actually pans out before investing your money on a project that requires a type of leisure activity that is currently banned throughout Europe makes you completely ignorant?

You see, that's why the response to the salient point has been rather RAWKish. It is by no means a completely ignorant point to make, it's entirely salient given the current state of the world, but the cult of BMD have to dismiss it as ignorant as it doesn't conform to the group dream.

The Virus - It`s going to last forever and will only ever be used for gladiatorial Thunder Dome fights to the death.
Obesity - The seats will be too small by the time it opens for all the lard arses.
Forgot plague of locusts

And wanting to see how the 'road map to recovery' actually pans out before investing your money on a project that requires a type of leisure activity that is currently banned throughout Europe makes you completely ignorant?

You see, that's why the response to the salient point has been rather RAWKish. It is by no means a completely ignorant point to make, it's entirely salient given the current state of the world, but the cult of BMD have to dismiss it as ignorant as it doesn't conform to the group dream.
Ok.

Can you explain why we have spent tens of millions and even bothered to apply for planning permission, given that we have "no idea" if fans will ever be allowed back into Stadiums?

I mean serious question, do you honestly expect there to be no fans in Stadiums for the next 3 years?

I saw that Greenland film and I would say asteroids look pretty serious. If I was a financier I'd be giving it some serious thought whether to loan that money.

That's before we even get to the apes taking over the planet. I'm not sure our new monkey overlords will understand fiscal responsibility and the requirement to keep up repayments.

I agree with this. Nobody can see into the future and life is full of risk, but that doesn't mean you should never subject yourself to any risk. You couldn't do it even if you tried.

But your point about the 'best knowledge available' is a great one. At present, there is an outright ban on stadia attendance due to a novel coronavirus that apparently creates a new strain every two weeks. I simply made the point that a continuation of the present day coronavirus restrictions would make the project unviable. A 500 million pound stadium development is kind of reliant on people being able to attend the stadium.

They could just amend there investments appraisals slightly to counter reduced attendances.

Wish I'd started playing a drinking game... A shot of Whisky every time you say 'Salient' would have made the last few hours a lot more bearable. I'd be in a coma by now.

Not sure we can expect a ferry terminal soon but you never know, a Mersey booze cruise up and down the river for an hour or 2 meeting up with a couple of double decker buses at The Pier Head would get my vote.

The planning docs make strong cases against both a ferry terminal and an additional station on the Northern Line. I think it will take a monumental change in local circustances for either to happen. I think the sea wall is still actually Peel owned, sure I read that somewhere.

The RAWK virus has spread just because someone suggested that investors may want to see an end to the current outright ban on attending live events before they hand over half a billion pound on a stadium that has been designed to host live events. But apparently it doesn't matter, and bans on stadium attendance are of no concern to any investor, as they pose no risk.

Are you saying that a new stadium is never going to be built anywhere ever again just in case a wild coronavirus appears again in the future?