New Everton Stadium Discussion

And the repeating continues....

I maintain that nobody would lend a penny to the development of a half a billion pound stadium project without a change to regulations that ban people from attending stadia.

No restrictions, no problem.
They absolutely would. They’re not lending £200m to Keith from 3 doors down. They’re lending it to a football club owned by a billionaire, his best mate and all the other rich investors involved.

If the highly unlikely happens and we don’t end up with fans in the ground in 3/4 years time, the lenders will still be getting their money back, with a decent chunk of interest.

They absolutely would. They’re not lending £200m to Keith from 3 doors down. They’re lending it to a football club owned by a billionaire, his best mate and all the other rich investors involved.

If the highly unlikely happens and we don’t end up with fans in the ground in 3/4 years time, the lenders will still be getting their money back.
Well I mean if you're going to use LOGIC...

Jesus, I didn't expect everyone to get so RAWK about a point referencing the current regualtions that have banned everyone from attending stadia.

To answer your question, I haven't claimed any ability to predict the future. I've merely stated the belief that a change in the current regualtions, which ban anyone from attending any sort of live event, would need to be consigned to the past for people to start investing in half a billion pound stadium developments.
So, just to make sure I've got this right - you stated (or certainly implied) that people will be banned from stadiums in 2024. I ask for proof (honestly mate, even a BBC article will do...), and that's 'RAWK-ish'? Come on mate...

There are no policies that will ban people from entering stadiums in 2024. Zero. Unfortunately, that fact alone scuppers your entire argument.

If the highly unlikely happens and we don’t end up with fans in the ground in 3/4 years time, the lenders will still be getting their money back.

I'm sorry, but I don't think Usmanov himself would invest half a billion pound in a stadium development in a world where fans are banned from attending stadia.

You will no doubt reply with a prediction of what the future holds. One in which the current ban on attending stadia is forever consigned to the past.

So, just to make sure I've got this right - you stated (or certainly implied) that people will be banned from stadiums in 2024. I ask for proof (honestly mate, even a BBC article will do...), and that's 'RAWK-ish'? Come on mate...

There are no policies that will ban people from entering stadiums in 2024. Zero. Unfortunately, that fact alone scuppers your entire argument.
In Spain they just had a a concert with 5000 people in who all had a quick covid test on the day. By next year covid will be like the flu we will never get rid of it but more and more treatments come out each week. I think by summer next year stadiums will be full again.

I'm sorry, but I don't think Usmanov himself would invest half a billion pound in a stadium development in a world where fans are banned from attending stadia.

You will no doubt reply with a prediction of what the future holds. One in which the current ban on attending stadia is forever consigned to the past.
I think investors will be lining up to get involved in this whole development project and won’t be pissing their pants about the thought of not being able to open it in 3 years time IMO.

No you've got it wrong. I said that there would have to be a change to the current regulations for people to start investing in stadia development. I even underlined and highlighted the 'current regualtions' bit in bold text for emphasis.

I haven't made any claim that the restrictions will still be in place in 2024. In fact, I seem to be the only one that has accepted the inability to see into the future.

I do think the reaction to a salient point that doesn't fit with with the dream of the cult has been RAWKish. Increasingly so, tbh.

No you've got it wrong. I said that there would have to be a change to the current regulations for people to start investing in stadia development. I even underlined and highlighted the 'current regualtions' bit in bold text for emphasis.

I haven't made any claim that the restrictions will still be in place in 2024. In fact, I seem to be the only one that has accepted the inability to see into the future.

I do think the reaction to a salient point that doesn't fit with with the dream of the cult has been RAWKish. Increasingly so, tbh.
Personally I'd say repeatedly calling your own point "salient" (despite all the evidence and multiple explanations why it isn't) is pretty RAWKish...

But since you're so obsessed (for reasons passing understanding) with the CURRENT regulations (3.5yrs ahead of when they would be relevant)... those regulations are that 10,000 fans will be allowed into grounds for the last 2 games of THIS season, and that all social restrictions come to an end in June...

So... feel free to explain WHY investors won't invest in something that's 3 1/2 years away...? Rather than just repeatedly stating that they won't.

Sorry mate but this is painful - sometimes it's just better to hold your hands up and say "I've no idea what I'm talking about". Trust me, I have to do it every week in the match threads.

The regulations you're talking about expire BY LAW on the 30th June 2021. If you're looking for some light lunchtime reading, feel free to have a read: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2021/364/made

If not, I've highlighted the key part for you.

expiry.png

you realise the same logic would casually consign the entire concept of a business startup loan to the scrapheap, right?

No, it wouldn't.

The logic behind my point is that a ban on attending stadia might just have an affect on businesses that are involved with stadia. This logic would not apply to businesses that have no business with stadia.