New Everton Stadium Discussion

They think they’re on our level so when they see us starting the building process of one of Europe’s best football stadiums, they think they should be the same.

It’s the ‘they won’t fill it’ comments that make me laugh. Literally got a 17k strong waiting list for season tickets.
Putting your name down for a couple in a fit of optimism (and wine) 4 or more years ago...like me...and coughing up for them in 2024 are two different things.
Perhaps many will take up the option for year 1, but how many will keep them up year on year on year?
So I'd take that 17,000 with a pinch of salt - until they're actually bought.
Then there's ongoing social distancing to take on board - how long will that last?

But it's got the GO for launch.
And, we assume, the finance is all in place??

When cone nonce finally finds the right dock to film in

ExaYKM3XMAIpdBx.jpeg

I'm just a bit gutted we needed to make those changes to appease those Historical England bell ends. Any chance we can roll them back?

Tbh the changes have all been for the better. The steps at one side and the reduction of the car park is a good thing and makes it look aesthetically pleasing with the symmetry. Losing the rake of the roof doesn't really make a difference. What part didn't you like?

I don't buy that. I know I know this is what Dan Meis told us. I am sorry (who am I to disagree with Dan) but I disagree. The fact is we will have more revenue with a bigger capacity. The two reasons clubs expand is for more revenue and to accommodate more fans. At 52/53000 it's a moderate increase because in my opinion we'd have that demand now. Moving to a new ground attacts fans, take in the location and hopefully successful times again, is 52/53k going to be enough?

Just another thought, if we want £'x' revenue then you know what? Ticket prices will be more for 52/53k stadium than 60,000 plus. It's just simple maths.

Safe standing won't increase the capacity either btw.
There's a distinct possibility that we won't even be allowed to have it 100% full - neither will anybody else.
Social Distancing will see off safe standing as well.

Tbh the changes have all been for the better. The steps at one side and the reduction of the car park is a good thing and makes it look aesthetically pleasing with the symmetry. Losing the rake of the roof doesn't really make a difference. What part didn't you like?
I think they needed to reduce the height of the stadium, didn't they? Might be wrong! Also big yes to the car park being moved
That is a big improvement, agree!