New Everton Stadium Discussion

It's a truly wonderful update and hopefully work can officially start sooner rather than later - even though I know a lot of work has started already!

While it will be sad to leave Goodison, the time is right. In fact, the time was right 15 years ago and the club needs this badly to compete with the best.

While I haven't trusted the club with player recruitment in recent years, I wholeheartedly trust them on this project. They absolutely smashed the planning application with unanimous council support and it flew past the government.

I'm just a bit gutted we needed to make those changes to appease those Historical England bell ends. Any chance we can roll them back?

Bring it on!

What work is that, please advise?

Speaking of Wolves, a few of their fans are also pissing the bed about this news.

Wolverhampton folk calling us dippers .
Glass houses..
A tiny bit of media coverage and they're turning into geordies.
And let's not forget their Portuguese foray is costing them a pretty penny.
I always thought wolves fans were alright, remember them coming to GP when relegated(when they started free fall)with a good turn out.

What we have endured for the last couple of decades. Update after update. Some of us are old enough to remember the none announcements about Cronton, Kirkby twice, the queens dock, Stonebridge cross and Walton hall park.

We have gone another season without a trophy so I expect exciting none News incoming.

What did you think of that 'none news' yesterday about the stadium being given the go ahead?

Wolverhampton folk calling us dippers .
Glass houses..
A tiny bit of media coverage and they're turning into geordies.
And let's not forget their Portuguese foray is costing them a pretty penny.
I always thought wolves fans were alright, remember them coming to GP when relegated(when they started free fall)with a good turn out.
Remember reading certain parts of Wolverhampton being classes as destitute. Literally one of the poorer areas in the country. Imagine taking a day trip around Liverpool then Wolverhampton? It would be like night and day.

Never change @davek

1D43AC3E-41EA-4402-86D3-D3CC76440719.jpeg

What work is that, please advise?
This is a necessary part of the process and it's been happening this week.
APEM conducted aquatic surveys at Bramley-Moore Dock, Liverpool, commissioned by WYG Group for a stadium site redevelopment. This work was undertaken to understand the environmental status of the dock as the aquatic ecology at this site was unknown. We also wished to discover if any invasive non-native species (INNS) were present. To determine the dock’s status, our field team collected sediment samples and conducted hydroacoustic fisheries, benthic community and netting surveys. They also gathered biota wall samples and undertook water chemistry profiling. Analysis of these results provided data on the presence of invertebrate species, the benthic community, baseline data on fish population, and water quality levels. This provided WYG with a detailed overview of the site’s condition and biodiversity. #invasivespecies #fisheries #fieldsurvey #waterquality #environmentalconsultancy

and even if you did have the cash to buy it outright, its terrible business to put all of your money into one asset. If you wanted to buy an asset of £100k and you had £100k, it makes much more sense to buy ten investments, put down £10k of your own money into each, long term borrow the rest and you have a big portfolio with a small risk in each. There is absolutely no way even Uzzy puts all his own money into this, it just inset how things work

Yes, but for the love of god don't enter into a discussion about leverage or return on capital to them. They're just about mastering simple bar charts. They're little brains will explode at anything beyond KS2 level of understanding.

They don’t seem to be able to get their heads around a naming right deal either, which will be funding the bulk of this every year.

Yes. Basically the naming deal will cover the interest payments and capital repayments, as well as leaving us with a hefty profit at the end of it. As inflation kicks in as well, that profit will only grew, from the naming rights alone, never mind anything else.

You know not a single one of them has ever managed even a corner shop, yet they parade themseves as some sort of experts on money. It's brilliant.

Wouldnt be surprised if we added an extra 1-2k seats to the overall capacity during the building process particularly if further demand is made for season tickets etc. Over the coming seasons whilst still at GP.
You know what, I'll probably get shouted down and that's fine all people have differing views, but I've always thought 55'000 capacity was big enough for us, the ideal size. But in the future, if it takes off, which I'm sure it will, add the rest with safe seating. I'm sure it said in the Echo yesterday, it could be raised to 62'000 with safe standing.

Can't wait to see this start rising from the Dock. The Goodison countdown is going to be horrendous though, only 3 seasons of going there left, covid has already robbed us of the last season and a half. This taken from my seat at the last game I went to when we were robbed against Utd. View attachment 122363UTFT
I am over to the right of you. Give me a wave when we are allowed back.

I wonder if they genuinely cant see the Usmanov white elephant in the room or if the majority are just in denial that we are backed by one of the richest blokes on the planet?

Seems odd how they've seen us spend £400+ million in transfers, rocking ahead with a £500 million stadium and still havent connected the dots lol

I can't really gather what they think on it. Whatever their view, it's all very weird. The problem is, they are a cult, who are quite capable of denying the reality of the world around them. But they are also getting very paranoid that we will spend loads of money. It really could be either.

My dad has hardly missed a game in over 60 years.
World Cup games, the lot.
Only once I’ve seen him lose his bottle in my whole life and that was at Goodison.
I’ve never let him forget it either.
( when we went 2-0 down to Wimbledon ).

It’s going to be some day that last one.
All the memories of our dads, grandads etc who we’ve all gone the game with.

FFS makes me emotional now already and we’re years away yet !!
This indeed

My dad took me my first game in 1974 and I was truly hooked

He watched them everywhere and also the 1966 world cup games

He named us all after Everton players, even my sister.

He died 13 days after his last visit to Goodison.

It will be sad to leave, but the memories can never be taken away and we will take all those passed Evertonians with us in our hearts