New Everton Stadium Discussion

If anyone is in need of a laugh, go and have a read of the Everton thread on RAWK.

hOw WiLl ThEy FiNaNcE iT!?!?!

The irony of them calling us bitter. They’re pulling up graphs and everything trying to prove how we won’t be able to afford it.

Billionaires don’t play by normal rules, you absolute tossers.

I wonder how they think anyone affords to buy their own home? Very few people have a spare couple of hundred thousand lying around! Like must he very confusing for them.

They cant seem to get their heads round the idea of a loan, in a period of record low interest rates.

I wonder how they think anyone affords to buy their own home? Very few people have a spare couple of hundred thousand lying around! Like must he very confusing for them.

They cant seem to get their heads round the idea of a loan, in a period of record low interest rates.

I wonder if they genuinely cant see the Usmanov white elephant in the room or if the majority are just in denial that we are backed by one of the richest blokes on the planet?

Seems odd how they've seen us spend £400+ million in transfers, rocking ahead with a £500 million stadium and still havent connected the dots lol

They don’t seem to be able to get their heads around a naming right deal either, which will be funding the bulk of this every year.

Leaving Goodison will be a wrench. Generations of my family have watched Everton there.
Great memories. Particularly standing at the front of the Bullens with my dad who smoked a pipe and stank the place out. The amount of complaints he got, but didn’t care.
Best game? Bayern Munich or 4-4 Derby.

Everyone will miss Goodison but there’s only positives to this move
The greatest tribute to Goodison is that it is being superseded, not by a cost-cutting supermarket shed in Kirkby, but by a magnificent state-of-the-art cityscape landmark on the river.

That's a fitting way to bow out, to secure the club's future. Goodison is a magnificent museum, but it is of the past and Everton, as an institution, has, too often in the modern era, been of the past. In some ways, Goodison passed away at the onset of the Premier League. It never regained the stature it had up to the end of the 1980s. By Euro 96, it was a relic. I'll miss it, but we'll always have the memories and now, for the first time in a generation, we also have hope of making new ones.

A final point: a club the stature of Everton really only exisits to compete and win. Our history at Goodison demands that the club succeeds. Young fans may find this hard to believe, but you could quite easily erase the last 25 years from any "history of Everton" DVD and, well, still have pretty much all of the club's historic highlights. Essentially, nothing of genuine note has happened in the club's storied fable since we won the FA Cup in 1995. The next entry would be the building of the new stadium (unless Carlo works the oracle). That is a damning indictment of what has gone between. This club has been a shadow of its former self for a generation. We used to win things, break records, and establish firsts. Time to open the next chapter.

Last edited: