New Everton Stadium Discussion

I know it's a virtual video, but I got proper goosebumps when the sirens and z cars kicked in

It's a bit different to Goodison isnt it!

That area that looks into the tunnel looks abolutely top notch as well, the walk way, the bar etc everything else. Be able to sell those tickets for a fortune. Get some Everton legends in their to help do the hospitality. Fantastic.

14 and a half years in charge. Not a sod turned; not a solitary brick laid.

The idea these people can change matters is fanciful.

People are being played: Everton need a story that will reflect we're not being left behind if/when the belters over the park win the league and we fail to get a CL spot.

This all sounds like a board thinking ahead and using local political figures to concoct a non-story around progress on the stadium. I'd imagine LFC and Anderson will be coming forward with concrete proposals regarding their intentions soon after the season ends, so Everton and the council have to be seen to be doing something to move Everton on. It'd have happened at some point (the next stadium scheme announcement), they're just shuffling this forward, IMO.

14 and a half years of failure on this; the private sector and local state know how ludicrous the club are in sticking to plans and providing the wherewithal. This is just talks about talks and if it ever became anything more substantial than that it'd stand practically no chance of coming to fruition...like it's predecessors.

We could be in this holding pattern for another decade at least.

People are right to be sceptical. We are dealing with proven liars here after all. Personally I think this is all just talks about advanced talks about possible sites funded by possible types of private sector partners etc etc - set in motion to counter any dissent concerning being left behind while Liverpool are granted permission to upgrade to 60,000...a subterfuge that would suit Anderson and the council too.

I am intrigued to learn what's different now though from Elstone. He was quoted only last year saying that a stadium was not in the pipeline. I cant see a retail outfit like Tesco or Sainsbury (mooted as anchors for WHP once) in this climate looking to commit. Is there any chance of a land giveaway by LCC - something that would cause uproar and may even breach EU rules? Everton cant foot the cost. So (giving them the benefit that this is not just a crock of brown stuff) what likely scenario has fallen into place to bring forth a stadium announcement of sorts?

As predicted: talks about talks about talks about talks ad infinitum........

Same old Everton. New brush - still leaving the same mess in place.

It's called keeping the plate spinning. I dont doubt the feller is seriously looking and probing. It's in his business model for Everton, so why wouldn't he?

I just dont buy the 'imminent' announcement malarkey.

Seen it, heard it, got the t-shirt(s).

Probably nearer to the truth than I dare think about.

It's depressing to think about the amount of time wasted on this stadium issue. Even Mickey Mouse clubs have redeveloped or relocated. Successive regimes have utterly failed this club. I had a hope that Moshiri would break the deadlock, that this was his destiny and the legacy he'd leave. But I can see the usual dance of despair beginning to take shape.

They haven't passed it either. And they wont. Not anytime soon.

I'm not betting they wont. I'm saying this will now take a lot more time, given recent events.

My prediction here is that the decision for this stadium will be delayed substantially and we;ll see a public inquiry.

Let's see how wrong I am about that.

Well my certainty it wouldn't happen has changed with the facts.

But that doesn't mean it cant still go wrong. FWIW I think it will be built. But this project will be put back a lot of time with this development.