FFP RIP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they had an advantage, they were allowed to assemble their squad before it was kicked in that others couldn't follow suit, it didn't effect any of the already established it just made life hard for the likes of us and Tottenham. I mean to be fair we have spent money just not very well but we still aren't shopping in the same places as city or utd now are we.
Then ask the chairmen of the PL clubs at the time why they voted for it?

Then ask the chairmen of the PL clubs at the time why they voted for it?
I'm only discussing MY opinion on an internet forum mate crikey. If you have a different opinion that's cool man, I don't need to be asking anyone anything about my personal thoughts. I find it a bit odd you don't think City benefitted hugely and it was because of them FFP was brought in. I think the intention was definitely to stop other teams joining the CL big boys, no idea why as competition benefits from more even competition.

It just kind of put a line between the haves and have nots and literally only Leicester have broken into that party since it came into being.

Their owner is not as wealthy as Uz but not far off - why I wanted them to go down last season when everyone else was buzzing little old Bournemouth went instead.

I can remember arguing with people that romaticise being turned over at Villa Park, as if it's somekind of great pleasurable experience. Getting turned over by Villa is about as pleasurable as a kick in the knackers imo.

Should be interesting.

I assume that the plan is to permit enough cash in to let heavily indebted clubs stay afloat through selling premium assets, without having to fire sale their entire rosters.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see clubs like the two Milan clubs and Juve change hands if the new ownership knows they'll be able to spend.

It's a bit early to make substantive predictions beyond this driving up fees for, say, Haaland and Mbappe along with Messi's wages.

Overall, it's good news, but don't be surprised to see the likes of Villa and Wolves blert their cash absolutely everywhere as well. I hate Villa and wish they'd stayed in the lower leagues. They are guaranteed to punch us in the knackers at some point, you watch!

I think i'd be optimistic about both Wolves and Villa, at present.

They're both tied into Chinese parties, and isn't China having some form of Crisis (no pun intended)? Like the Government has intervened on spending outside of China? So they reckon the Chinese will eventually pull all their money out?

Well i'm hoping so anyway lol

Overall, it's good news, but don't be surprised to see the likes of Villa and Wolves blert their cash absolutely everywhere as well. I hate Villa and wish they'd stayed in the lower leagues. They are guaranteed to punch us in the knackers at some point, you watch!

I think i'd be optimistic about both Wolves and Villa, at present.

They're both tied into Chinese parties, and isn't China having some form of Crisis (no pun intended)? Like the Government has intervened on spending outside of China? So they reckon the Chinese will eventually pull all their money out?

Well i'm hoping so anyway lol

Sorry: Villa are owned by a middle east consortium now, Wolves I wouldn't be worrying about though.

If it’s more financial freedom for everybody, then this could be good news. I think at the very least we will have made a good impression on players with our results this season (unless it goes horribly downhill in the final 3rd).

We have beaten a lot of top teams, may yet (doubtful but possible) still finish top 4 and will likely finish just outside. Will likely have Europe regardless, and we should have more leverage with Carlo at the helm. Hopefully UEFA doesn’t screw us here.

Status
Not open for further replies.