FFP RIP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I suppose this will tell us if Usmanov really is behind it all or not. There'll be no excuses now, if our spending doesn't increase significantly then I think we can put the rumours of him being the puppet master to bed. I'm not saying we don't spend enough before anyone starts, but it's always been said that we couldn't do certain things because of FFP and Usmanov was cunningly trying to get round it. If that barrier is gone then surely all the people who thought he was going to give us £400m for naming rights now believe that £400m can just be ploughed straight into the team. I really hope they were right.
Is their not ffp for the premier league? We’re not under the guidelines of UEFA’s ffp unless we’re in the competition, you just get a fine and reduce the amount of players you can register where as the premier leagues ffp is much more strict and harsh if you break the rules

Wondered why I seen Mbappe on County Road before

E02060A1-4686-4668-8FA4-E34CC31FCD68.jpeg

Man City saved football!
Quite ironic seeing as it was brought in because of them. Unfortunately they've had a good few years of other clubs not really being able to bridge the gap, City had already assembled a very expensive squad and then FFP cam in so nobody else could follow, if that isn't an unfair advantage for City I don't know what is.

That's the key, but as mentioned just above. The game is (ridiculously) desperate for more cash.

If it's a set of guidelines rather than hard and fast rules, It would be a disaster for the likes of FSG/Kronke.

Would be my only concern, he then gets desperate and wants out... and then who comes to save the day? Well none other than Self confirmed Arsenal fan, Alisher Usmanov.

Wouldnt it be boss if Kirkbride posts his usual "Everton not expecting to spend much this summer and will explore the loan market" before Big Uz throws £150 million on players ♡

Quite ironic seeing as it was brought in because of them. Unfortunately they've had a good few years of other clubs not really being able to bridge the gap, City had already assembled a very expensive squad and then FFP cam in so nobody else could follow, if that isn't an unfair advantage for City I don't know what is.
Agree but let those who have not had that advantage before be the first to criticise,
I give you John Moore’s and the Mersey millionaires..

FFP was brought in to stop City (and every other club who wished to invest) but fortunately it eventually failed.
It was brought in to protect the gravy train of the Cartel clubs and for no othe reason.
City didn't gain an unfair advantage they stopped the self styled 'European Royalty' from gaining an even bigger
unfair advantage.

Agree but let those who have not had that advantage before be the first to criticise,
I give you John Moore’s and the Mersey millionaires..
Not even in the same ball park, we had money but we weren't outspending and paying wages in a different stratosphere. Interesting it's the ones who had the biggest advantage out of ffp are the ones complaining about it, got to laugh haven't you.

Overall, it's good news, but don't be surprised to see the likes of Villa and Wolves blert their cash absolutely everywhere as well. I hate Villa and wish they'd stayed in the lower leagues. They are guaranteed to punch us in the knackers at some point, you watch!

FFP was brought in to stop City (and every other club who wished to invest) but fortunately it eventually failed.
It was brought in to protect the gravy train of the Cartel clubs and for no othe reason.
City didn't gain an unfair advantage they stopped the self styled 'European Royalty' from gaining an even bigger
unfair advantage.
Of course they had an advantage, they were allowed to assemble their squad before it was kicked in that others couldn't follow suit, it didn't effect any of the already established it just made life hard for the likes of us and Tottenham. I mean to be fair we have spent money just not very well but we still aren't shopping in the same places as city or utd now are we.

Overall, it's good news, but don't be surprised to see the likes of Villa and Wolves blert their cash absolutely everywhere as well. I hate Villa and wish they'd stayed in the lower leagues. They are guaranteed to punch us in the knackers at some point, you watch!

Their owner is not as wealthy as Uz but not far off - why I wanted them to go down last season when everyone else was buzzing little old Bournemouth went instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.