Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do like the idea of the name having a link with our past, and honestly, of all the naming rights deals you could have, I think USM sounds and looks fairly classy and unobtrusive. Even USM Finch Farm doesn't scream naming rights deal, it's fairly understated, and could be much worse.
And with it being initials, would likely be still be known locally by whatever name followed it, unlike the Emirates or Etihad etc.
The holy trinity name is not one I thought of but another poster posted it
He said that not only does it refer to the Holy Trinity of Ball Kendall and Harvey it also refers to the fact that we are the only club in the city to build 3 football stadiums
A little dig at the shower across the park
Lol lol lol

I do however claim for eternity the
USM Dixie Dean Stadium at BMD
Lol lol
Something nice about saying are you going to the Dixie for the CL semi final

Last edited:
The holy trinity name is not one I thought of but another poster posted it
He said that not only does it refer to the Holy Trinity of Ball Kendall and Harvey it also refers to the fact that we are the only club in the city to build 3 football stadiums
A little dig at the shower across the park
Lol lol lol

I do however claim for eternity the
USM Dixie Dean Stadium at BMD
Lol lol
Something nice about saying are you going to the Dixie for the CL semi final

Yeah, I think I'd go with Trinity stadium over Holy Trinity. It keeps the same meaning but drops the Holy from it, which would be divisive for a number of reasons.

Dixie might have similar concerns, especially due to it's origins and the fact he didn't like the name himself, but WR Dean Stadium sounds quite classy. Fans would still refer to it locally however they wanted, and I'm sure Dixie would be a common name.

Either way, USM Trinity or USM WR Dean Stadium both sounds pretty good.

I can't help think they would be missing a trick by not including Mersey in there somewhere as well though, as it is synonymous with the city without using the word Liver, and the reds would hate it.

lol

Yeah, I think I'd go with Trinity stadium over Holy Trinity. It keeps the same meaning but drops the Holy from it, which would be divisive for a number of reasons.

Dixie might have similar concerns, especially due to it's origins and the fact he didn't like the name himself, but WR Dean Stadium sounds quite classy. Fans would still refer to locally however they wanted, and I'm sure Dixie would be a common name.

I can't help think they would be missing a trick by not including Mersey in there somewhere as well though, as it is synonymous with the city without using the word Liver, and the reds would hate it.

lol

Like your ideas, or how about USM City?

Dixie might have similar concerns, especially due to it's origins and the fact he didn't like the name himself, but WR Dean Stadium sounds quite classy. Fans would still refer to it locally however they wanted, and I'm sure Dixie would be a common name.

lol
The Merseyside Stadium. They'd hate it

The Merseyside Stadium. They'd hate it
IT should tell where we are from as not many outside of the prem know .so that would be the one for me .
I never forget when we lost in the final and lots of fans sang "Merseyside " it made my skin crawl as they would never have done if we had won. So the USM Merseyside Stadium would be great .Every time the commentators say it it would boil their blood .One for the Merseyside and one for the sponsor .

I'm an advocate for something like USM Dixie Dean Park. However, I also like the proposed USM Holy Trinity Stadium. I hear Bill does too. He reckons that if he can't have the stadium named personally in his honour, he can stomach being lumped in with Mosh and Uzzi.

Status
Not open for further replies.